Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Submitting when you dont agree with something

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:20 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 362 Total Views

Hi, how do you ladies deal with submitting to your husbands when you do not agree with something at all and it affects YOUR life? Like a big thing that constantly is the black elephant in the room so to speak? How do you accept his answer when you dont agree?

Jesus, spouse, children, others and then yourself. This is the recipe for a successful life. Pray for wisdom and peace.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NannyB.
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I need to know what the thing is before I can answer.  In general, unless it is something that goes directly against God's Word on it, then you are to submit to your husband and let God handle it.  If, for instance, your husband told you to help him rob a bank, then you would be right to refuse to go along, because the commandment says, "Thou shall not steal."

missamerica1
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Is the problem really with submitting or respecting your husband if you submit?

My issue is the heart attitude....you can make me sit down but you can't make me like it....or....you can make me sit down on the outside but on the inside I'm still standing up.  Like NannyB said, it is hard to answer without knowing the circumstance, but your privacy is respected.

PPCMOM
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM

It is a lie that is being told *for the good * of someone. That is all I can get into it.

missamerica1
by Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 6:21 AM

Lies are usually "for the good" of the one telling the lie and not for the one receiving the lie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)