Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A word from the group owner:

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 632 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Hello ladies, My name is Anita also known as sweets719. I want to tell you a little bit about myself but before I do let me tell you a little bit about this group that you have found:

This group was created by myself and another close friend of mine in Feb of 2008. That seems like another life time ago! We created it because we found ourselves in a wives group but it was full of husband bashing, personal sexual details, and tons of cussing and arguing. Neither of us were involved in the other group for more then 2 weeks. But during that time we thought about the changes that we would like to make if we had a group of our own. But I have seen so many groups with only a hand full of members and didn't want to create a group that no one would be apart of. And I wanted the group to glorify God. After much prayer we decided to go for it. We started the group. Things started out really slowly at first and it was very discouraging. But God has blessed this group and the members poured in. Over the years we have had our ups and downs, seasons of activity and seasons of inactive members. The main idea behind the group had been to have a safe place to brag on our husbands instead of bashing them. Over time God has shown me a new purpose, to encourage and pray for struggling wives and their marriage. It has blessed me greatly over the years to be apart of it. I am thrilled that God chose to use me in this way.  I have made some very lastly friendships from this group. As most of you have noticed we had been in another season of inactivity. As much as I have enjoyed the group I have not made much time for it. But I fully believe God has used it to touch many marriages and I can't bring myself to set it aside. I started getting emails all of a sudden telling me that there has been activity here on the group. And I am so thrilled and encouraged to see people, new people coming here and getting active! Thank you so much for reviving such a special group! I am purposing in my heart to be an active member again. 

Now to tell you a little more about me:

I am going on 29 and I have been married for 8 years. My husband John and I have 4 kids together. 3 boys 1 girl The oldest is 8, then 4, then my baby boy is 20 months and my only girl is 10 months. Lol I guess that kinda explains why I haven't made much time for the group! I am a stay at home mom now and have been for the past 3 years, which is something that I thank God for all the time. My kids keep me on my toes but I love it! I am an active member of a local baptist church. God has given me a passion for sharing the gospel and it's something that I am growing in. I love to study my bible. I also love to cook, bake, decorate cakes, (sometimes I even like to clean!) I love to read, spend time with my family, and garden (even though I am struggling to grow a nice flower garden!!) I do grow some veggies and I am learning to can. I can't sow! At least not yet, but it's on my to do list,... eventually. I look forward to getting to know our new members and reuniting with our older ones. And if any one is wondering about the other co owner; we are still very good friends but she had decided years ago to step away from the group because she had been inactive on cafemom for such a long period.    

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvinhs
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi!  I'm fairly new to CafeMom, and am glad to have found this group for the very reasons you mentioned~I quickly became tired of the husband bashing, foul language, etc. on so many of the groups.  My name is Vicki  My screen name is luvinhs.  I have been married for 17 yearr, and have 3 children~girls who are 14 and 12, and a boy who is 10.  We homeschool, and have from the beginning.  I am a stay at home mom, though I do serve as our church custodian to help the church, and also to have the blessing of that little bit of extra income.

We are members of a small baptist church where my father is the pastor, and my husband is a deacon.  We dearly love our church family.  I enjoy reading, I do a bit of writing, and I enjoy following Major League Baseball~a hobby I picked up from my grandfather when I was just a little girl :)

I've been doing a lot more cooking from scratch lately, and I'm learning to dislike it less :)  I've never enjoyed cooking, though I wish I did :) 

We are undergoing some big changes in our home lately, as my husband has just recently recovered from some health issues.  These issues made it necessary for him to leave the job he'd had for almost 25 years.  He will begin a new job next Monday.  We are also winding down our school year, and my oldest will begin high school next year, so I"ll hvae the challenge of homeschooling high school.  I'm thankful to have the Lord to depend on through all of this, and thankful to have been led to a group such as this one for support along the way.

Blessings,

Vicki

steffers96
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Hi Anita!

I'm Stephanie, I was on CM a few years ago, but was just given the dickens by some women on FB for my beliefs and couldn't shake them, so I figured maybe CM wasn't for me, so I left.

I came back, oh, about a month or so ago and I've refamiliarized myself with CM, but have found SOOO much better groups, more in tune with who I am and what I'm into. Recently I got stuck in a group that I really just wanted some tips from, and found myself in a sticky situation. I got some nasty emails and some rude messages via that meebo thing, and I've been ignoring them all praying they just go away!

We have a 3 1/2 year old son. I married my high school sweetheart, I'm 36, he's 38, we've been together for 20 years and married for 16 (this year). We (again) rededicated ourselves to the Lord and have really walked together in the Lord like we never have before. My husband recently went to his first mens retreat (not with his dad, but by himself with OUR church) and he's made a lot of guy friends, super stoked about that. I've been going to ladies bible study Tuesday mornings and absolutely LOVE it!!

I was laid off at work in June of last year and struggled over who I was and what I was supposed to do for a few months, then got comfortable being home with our son - now the tides are changing and it looks like I may be going back to work in the next few months, and I'm not too happy about it but I'm doing whatever it takes to ensure we have a roof over our head, food on our table, and clothes on our back. This job that has been laid in front of me, this is the 3rd time my friend has offered this job to me - twice before I turned it down, and I'm beginning to wonder if God has put this job in front of me yet again, so now I'm really considering taking it. Our son will be 4 years old in August so he's ready to go to preschool (which ironically enough, is cheaper through our Christian private school than to have him in daycare, go figure that one out!) and so that was refreshing information to us today.

I've been a nervous wreck lately. My hormones are off the charts and I've been stressing out over - well - everything. Money, health, our home, our son, my husband's job, me  not having a job- you name it, I can stress out over it.It's just who I am and how I was raised. I'm trying to break it, I am, I'm trying to learn to trust in God more and me less. My husband came home for lunch today and was telling me to remember all the ups and downs we've had, of course, over the course of 20 years I can't remember all of them, but the bigger ones I do remember, and he says "remember how stressed out you were then?" and I said "yep" and he said "but we got through them right?" and I stop and think and say "yep" and he said "and remember Footprints" (MY FAVORITE!!) - when you look back and see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you"....ahhh yes!  :)

My husband is AWESOME and I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for meeting my husband because with him I got a great set of in laws as well. I'm so thankful there's no hubby bashing here...cuz I'd leave!   ;)

God bless you & your family!

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

gnance
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Hi my name is Gill. I'm 29, mother of three, 5,3 and 1. I am also a pastors wife and part time librarian. I was a member of cm for about a year 5 years ago, but quit after all of the backstabbing. I rejoined about a month ago.
We have had a lot of financial hardships the last two years. My husband was fired two years ago from a church with no warning and we were given 15 days to move out of parsonage. It was a financial based decision, after economy tanked they couldn't keep us on. So suddenly we were jobless, homeless with two small children and one on the way. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and we lived on others generosity for 11 months. Then my husband got a new ministry, it was perfect, we moved, fell in love with church, community, and the thought that life would become normal again. 11 months later, again with no warning, they decided they didn't want to renew his contract for a second year, it was cheaper to use volunteers we trained than keep us on. So once again we are jobless, and friendless in a new city with no one who cares about us. It's so frustrating and disconcerting to try and open up and love a new fellowship of believers only to be squashed yet again. My husband has started a new part time position. We aren't making enough money to survive but we are close. So if you guys could pray that my husband can find a full time job and that I'll be able to open my heart to those in the church I'd appreciate it. Starting over again is so hard, I just want some friends. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCandy79
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Hi! my name is Candy and I'm 32yrs-old.I am a christian wife and sahm of two boys, ages 6 and 10.my husband and I have been happily married for 10 years.we live in a small town in NC.we are active members of a small non-denominational church.I am a part of a women's bible study and I am also part of the children's ministry.I love to read my bible,bake cakes and cook.I love spending time with my family and friends.

Candy..

Blessed to be called wife and mommy,

Chidren are a heritage from the Lord.
Psalms 127:3

mommaof697
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM

My Name is Deb and I am 36 yrs old. I am glad I found this group.  I have been married 15yrs. We have 6 children SS 19yrs old, DD 13, DS 12, DD 10, DS 9, DD 6. We are dairy farmers. We are members of the Evengelical Free church. I homeschool the youngest 5, the oldest went to public school and has graduated. I cook from scratch most of the time and enjoy it as long as I have a menu to follow. I am so thankful that I have salvation that is not dependant upon me, what I do. Besides the cows we milk our farm also has chickens, cats, dog, and horses. I grew up in Michigan and now live in Wisconsin with my DH and children. 

ladybugist
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Good morning Ladies---first and foremost I want to say I love the Lord and need your prayers. My name is Donna--known on here as Ladybugist---I like Ladybugs a lot---but Ladybug was already taken---I have been married to my wonderful husband for 25 blessed years----we only new each other 16 days when we got married----we both had been married before and new we were what each other wanted----I see Jesus in my husbands eyes on a daily basis----sometimes I wonder if I deserve him.  I have been on Cafe Mom for a couple of years and wanted to chat with women who love the Lord as I do.  Ladies thanks for listening and have a blessed day.

ladybugist
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Good morning I just seen your post---I know it has been a long time since you posted this-----if I may ask how are things today----God Bless you Sweetheart. 

Quoting luvinhs:

Hi!  I'm fairly new to CafeMom, and am glad to have found this group for the very reasons you mentioned~I quickly became tired of the husband bashing, foul language, etc. on so many of the groups.  My name is Vicki  My screen name is luvinhs.  I have been married for 17 yearr, and have 3 children~girls who are 14 and 12, and a boy who is 10.  We homeschool, and have from the beginning.  I am a stay at home mom, though I do serve as our church custodian to help the church, and also to have the blessing of that little bit of extra income.

We are members of a small baptist church where my father is the pastor, and my husband is a deacon.  We dearly love our church family.  I enjoy reading, I do a bit of writing, and I enjoy following Major League Baseball~a hobby I picked up from my grandfather when I was just a little girl :)

I've been doing a lot more cooking from scratch lately, and I'm learning to dislike it less :)  I've never enjoyed cooking, though I wish I did :) 

We are undergoing some big changes in our home lately, as my husband has just recently recovered from some health issues.  These issues made it necessary for him to leave the job he'd had for almost 25 years.  He will begin a new job next Monday.  We are also winding down our school year, and my oldest will begin high school next year, so I"ll hvae the challenge of homeschooling high school.  I'm thankful to have the Lord to depend on through all of this, and thankful to have been led to a group such as this one for support along the way.

Blessings,

Vicki

ladybugist
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hi Deb i bet it is fun living on a Dairy Farm----we moved 6 years ago onto some property where we could have a vegetable garden and we just love it-----this year we have 3 gardens-----plus I have several flower beds-----our first crop of tomatoes were 8 foot tall  LOL---the rabbits ate our bush beans----so next year we hope to do runners----maybe the rabbits want climb it---LOL----just wanted to say hi----hope you are having a great day.  God bless you and your family. 

Quoting mommaof697:

My Name is Deb and I am 36 yrs old. I am glad I found this group.  I have been married 15yrs. We have 6 children SS 19yrs old, DD 13, DS 12, DD 10, DS 9, DD 6. We are dairy farmers. We are members of the Evengelical Free church. I homeschool the youngest 5, the oldest went to public school and has graduated. I cook from scratch most of the time and enjoy it as long as I have a menu to follow. I am so thankful that I have salvation that is not dependant upon me, what I do. Besides the cows we milk our farm also has chickens, cats, dog, and horses. I grew up in Michigan and now live in Wisconsin with my DH and children. 

ladybugist
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi sweets 719----hope you are having a great day.  I have a question------why doesn,t the color---font size---and font family not work in all applications in this group?  Your response would be greatly appreciated. God bless you

Quoting sweets719:

Hello ladies, My name is Anita also known as sweets719. I want to tell you a little bit about myself but before I do let me tell you a little bit about this group that you have found:

This group was created by myself and another close friend of mine in Feb of 2008. That seems like another life time ago! We created it because we found ourselves in a wives group but it was full of husband bashing, personal sexual details, and tons of cussing and arguing. Neither of us were involved in the other group for more then 2 weeks. But during that time we thought about the changes that we would like to make if we had a group of our own. But I have seen so many groups with only a hand full of members and didn't want to create a group that no one would be apart of. And I wanted the group to glorify God. After much prayer we decided to go for it. We started the group. Things started out really slowly at first and it was very discouraging. But God has blessed this group and the members poured in. Over the years we have had our ups and downs, seasons of activity and seasons of inactive members. The main idea behind the group had been to have a safe place to brag on our husbands instead of bashing them. Over time God has shown me a new purpose, to encourage and pray for struggling wives and their marriage. It has blessed me greatly over the years to be apart of it. I am thrilled that God chose to use me in this way.  I have made some very lastly friendships from this group. As most of you have noticed we had been in another season of inactivity. As much as I have enjoyed the group I have not made much time for it. But I fully believe God has used it to touch many marriages and I can't bring myself to set it aside. I started getting emails all of a sudden telling me that there has been activity here on the group. And I am so thrilled and encouraged to see people, new people coming here and getting active! Thank you so much for reviving such a special group! I am purposing in my heart to be an active member again. 

I am going on 29 and I have been married for 8 years. My husband John and I have 4 kids together. 3 boys 1 girl The oldest is 8, then 4, then my baby boy is 20 months and my only girl is 10 months. Lol I guess that kinda explains why I haven't made much time for the group! I am a stay at home mom now and have been for the past 3 years, which is something that I thank God for all the time. My kids keep me on my toes but I love it! I am an active member of a local baptist church. God has given me a passion for sharing the gospel and it's something that I am growing in. I love to study my bible. I also love to cook, bake, decorate cakes, (sometimes I even like to clean!) I love to read, spend time with my family, and garden (even though I am struggling to grow a nice flower garden!!) I do grow some veggies and I am learning to can. I can't sow! At least not yet, but it's on my to do list,... eventually. I look forward to getting to know our new members and reuniting with our older ones. And if any one is wondering about the other co owner; we are still very good friends but she had decided years ago to step away from the group because she had been inactive on cafemom for such a long period.    

sweets719
by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It's nothing that I've done. I have found that sometimes it's just not available so I continue to refresh my page till it is available or till I give up and come back later. It's a cafemom glitch and it annoys me too :)

I'm glad to see that you have been bringing so much activity to the group! As you can tell, we've been in a slow faze once again. It happens here a lot. But the group is special and I'm grateful that it's here for those that need it. 

Quoting ladybugist:

Hi sweets 719----hope you are having a great day.  I have a question------why doesn,t the color---font size---and font family not work in all applications in this group?  Your response would be greatly appreciated. God bless you

Quoting sweets719:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)