• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Days...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

School days!!! Do you have any kids going to school this year? College, pre school, grade school? Are you taking any classes this year? Do you homeschool or public school?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sweets719
by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My oldest is going in to the 4th grade and I have another starting Kindergarten. I'm excited for the little guy to start going to school. And I still have 2 more at home waiting for their turns :)

Momof697
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I HS 5. 3rd, 5th grade, 2 in 7th grade, and 1 in 9th

ladybugist
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Good morning Ladies---hope all is well with your families----we have four chidren grown and married---we have 6 Grandchildren----5 in public school and one is homeschooled----the homeschooled one is doing the best of all----my daughter decided to home school him when he passed to the fifth grade ---- she did not like the school program for teaching, or the behavior problems of other students----he is a great young man---he has a lot of activities with other children----when they go on vacation it is a learning experience.  We are very proud of all our grandchildren.  The school system lets a lot of stuff go on the shouldn't happen.  We pray everyday that the Lord will put a band of angels around our children and Grandchildren to protect them and keep them out of harms way.  Have a great day Ladies.  God bless you.

mrslalas7
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I have 1 child going to school his year and he's a tween (9 1/2) to the 4th grade. I pray that he does well this year, even though his weakness is in math. But he loves science and social studies.

swishyskirt
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

None of thee above :o) lol.  However, the excitement in the air from everyone else getting ready for school is palpable.  I used to LOVE getting school supplies!  Favorite time of year, next to Christmas!

swishyskirt
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Aaw : ) Sounds like you're enjoying a beautiful harvest as a grandmother!  I am very interested in homeschooling.  I, myself, went to several different public schools (my family moved frequently), and my husband went to a Christian private school k-12!  So we both have very different experiences.  Homeschooling is top of my list of prefered schooling for our child (yet to be born~).  You're definitely right that public school has lower standards of behavior and politeness then that of a Christian family unit.

Quoting ladybugist:

Good morning Ladies---hope all is well with your families----we have four chidren grown and married---we have 6 Grandchildren----5 in public school and one is homeschooled----the homeschooled one is doing the best of all----my daughter decided to home school him when he passed to the fifth grade ---- she did not like the school program for teaching, or the behavior problems of other students----he is a great young man---he has a lot of activities with other children----when they go on vacation it is a learning experience.  We are very proud of all our grandchildren.  The school system lets a lot of stuff go on the shouldn't happen.  We pray everyday that the Lord will put a band of angels around our children and Grandchildren to protect them and keep them out of harms way.  Have a great day Ladies.  God bless you.

“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.”

-Howard W. Hunter

swishyskirt
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Good Lord! : ) That is quite the parade you have there!  I bet school shopping is quite the event~

Quoting Momof697:

I HS 5. 3rd, 5th grade, 2 in 7th grade, and 1 in 9th

“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.”

-Howard W. Hunter

swishyskirt
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw, I love that kindergarten age!  Such a sweet time.

Quoting sweets719:

My oldest is going in to the 4th grade and I have another starting Kindergarten. I'm excited for the little guy to start going to school. And I still have 2 more at home waiting for their turns :)

-Howard W. Hunter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)