Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatcha reading?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 12:18 AM
  • 34 Replies
  • 519 Total Views
What book of the bible (and/or other book) are you currently trying to read?

How about scripture? Are you trying to memorize anything right now?

Keep us posted on what you're reading and memorizing and if you'd like to, share with us about how it's relating to you right now. 
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicky5053
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2008 at 3:07 PM
Well I am currently reading The Power of the Praying Wife. If you have not read it yet, I think it is wonderful and I am still in the first chapter. I think I am about to get The Power of the Praying Mother. I was in a Ladies Discipleship class that is only women and that is the book that they are about to start on and since I took the Team Kids class that is at the same time as that class the teacher of the Ladies Discipleship class promised that she would get me the books to read that they are reading.

As far as books of the Bible, I am currently reading Song Of Song, I have been trying to read it for a while now and it is so short you would think I would be done by now, but it is hard for me to stay right there when my 3 year old is fussing at me to play with him.

sweets719
by Group Owner on Feb. 3, 2008 at 3:54 PM
Right now I'm trying to read the book Jeremiah from the bible. I've never read it before but I'm really enjoying it.

And the verse that I am currently trying to memorize is also from Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 1:8 "Do not be afriad of them for I am with you and will rescue you declares the Lord."
I was reading the other night when the Lord brought me to this book and pointed out this verse. I really like it because it's something that I can take with me and remember that I don't need to fear any person or circumstance because He will rescue me. In the notes in my bible it says that He doesn't promise to keep us from trouble, He promises to walk through them with us. Needless to say this verse spoke to me and thats the reason I'm trying to memorize it.
sweets719
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM
I'm so happy. I just started reading "A Love Worth Giving" by Max Lucado. I bought it a month ago and couldn't wait to start it and finally found the time to. I'll tell you what I think of it when I'm done.
FibroGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM
I am studying Isaiah right now, in the Bible. I just finished reading "How to Get Your Husband To Listen to You". It was really good.

Tracy
joyfulheart79
by on Feb. 20, 2008 at 7:40 PM
I am reading the book The Power of a Praying Wife. it is such a great book to read! I am also reading the book of Psalms in my Bible.it is full of praise to the Lord,and I have so much praise to give to God! he is so good and I love him!
Candy,
Blessed to be called a Wife & Mommy
Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
children a reward from him.Psalm 127:3
Johanna1012
by on Feb. 20, 2008 at 11:49 PM

I am reading Ecclesiastes right now.  And as far as just a book, (Don't laugh)  I am reading Nancy Drew, yes I know I am thirty, but what can I say.  My husband makes fun of me for it all of the time.  He asked my why  once and I said that when I was growing up my sister(who died when I was 15) always would read them to me.  His answer was yes but didn't she ever finish them. 

Johanna
nicky5053
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:02 PM
OK I am still reading Power of the Praying Wife, but I cant seem to get into it like I want to. At times there are some parts that are real page turners and I dont want to put it down, but sometimes I am not really interested in it. So yesterday I stopped by the Christian book store in my town and did not mean to spend too much money, but I bought 4 different books. The odd part is I started to go into the book store when I went to the DR on Monday (there is a better book store over there) but something kept telling me not to. So to make a long story short I could not stop myself from turning into the parking lot of the one in town yesterday. One of the ladies told me that she read a book called "Redeeming Love  by Francine Rivers" I started it last night and read several pages. I will let you know what I think about it later.

GROUP OWNER: Christian Pregnant Moms due in July '08          http://www.cafemom.com/group/Christianjulybabies    

GROUP OWNER: Christians In Love with Their Husbands                       http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianlovinghusbands  

See how my baby is doing                              

yakamoz
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 4:34 AM
My mom just told me about a book called __Blue Like Jazz__ by Donald Miller.  The write-up on amazon.com looks pretty interesting.  I might order it. 

As a for-fun read, I'm reading __Seven Daughters and Seven Sons__ by Barabara Cohen.  It's based on an Iraqi folk tale and is a charming story!  I think this is my fourth time reading it. :)  I used to homeschool my neighbor's kids (they are MKs and this was my job), and it was on the Sonlight Curriculum reading list.  We loved it because so much of the book reminded us of things in Turkey.  
qvmmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2008 at 11:06 AM

In my Bible study we are doing Zechariah right now.

In my time, I'm reading "Created to be his help meet" by Debi Pearl.

shandion
by Member on Mar. 3, 2008 at 11:09 AM
I was reading Ruth in the Bible, just finished it last night. I love that story.

For fiction, I am reading a book called Redeeming Love. Its by Francine Rivers and its a retelling of the book of Hosea. I am really excited about it bc my husband actually read it years ago and always talks about how much it meant to him and he really wanted me to read it. I have always been interested in that story in the Bible so I looking forward to it.

~Jeanne~

How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36:7 NLT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN