Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Santa visit your house?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

Does Santa visit your house?  What traditions does your family have to include or exclude Santa?

This group of women are amazing about not ever starting a fight and I know that this topic could be a touchy one but I think we can handle this.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Carrie5683
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:02 AM

I love Santa Clause, and I'm finding more and more things/ways to bring Santa into the religous truth of Christmas.There is a childrens book out there about how Santa tells the elves and reindeer about his favorite Christmas story, the story of Jesus and he talks about how no gift he could ever give a child is as precious as the gift of Jesus, and that he gives gifts to celebrate Jesus, our gift...its wonderful!!..

I also have a book about a man who was a mall Santa for a long long time and it was his ministry..he would pray with kids and always remind them of Jesus when he visited with them.I think the magic of Santa is exciting and if you teach it right you can make it clear that the original Santa loved and ministered to children because he loved the Lord so much..and thats a true story....also, in our house Santa doesn't leave a zillion toys and he doesn't grant every wish on the long list.Santa fills the stockings and leaves one or two gifts, but mom and dad do the rest.

jhg374
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 5:11 PM

We by no means raise our kiddos to believe that Santa Clause is alive and well and a man who blesses them with gifts, rather they know and are taught that "every good and perfect gift comes from God". Don't worry, we are not complete stick in the muds! LOL We enjoy Santa and our kids know that whole history behind the Santa Clause that we know today. Saint Nicholas was actually a passionate lover of Jesus Christ and it was out of his love for others that he gave. THAT is worth remembering if you ask me. So every time we see a Santa, or we got visit Santa Clause in the mall (like we do every year) our kids enjoy getting to see him, yeah, it's fun! And yet they know that it is God who provides every good gift on Christmas and remember that Santa is not as powerful or comparable to God, rather he is a wonderfully fun way to remember a God filled and controlled man who lived long time ago and blessed many people's lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)