Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wife 101: Her Prayer

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

Each week we will focus on a different topic. The first week it will be centered on the wife then the following week will be the same topic but focused on the husband. The idea with each topic is to share in as many of these ways that you can : telling us how you manage in this area, prayer requests for this area, questions, advice and posting scripture that can be helpful to someone else dealing with this area. 

If you have any requests for the next week's topic please message me. Search for the post titled "New post starts next week" and you'll find a sample list of topic ideas there. If there's something that you think should be on the list that isn't please say so. And if you're new here and would like to know what we've already covered then check the sample list, I will be crossing off topics as we've finish them. All old posts will still be here somewhere, feel free to search for them and bring up and old topic.

This week we are looking at Prayer. What does your prayer life consist of? What hinders your most? What strong foundations do you have? If you are very strong and faithful in prayer can you share some advice for those of us that struggle here?  What scriptures can we bring together that speaks about prayer?  How can we help you pray through this area?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sweets719
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I struggle with prayer. I am quick to pray to God about everything. But I struggle to have a devoted time of prayer. I've gotten better about setting aside quality time to read and study the bible but I'm not leaving enough time to pray the way I should. There are so many prayer requests that I have on my list that it just seems over welming. Sometimes I get sleepy just looking at the begining of the list. So normally I pray over a few things but I normally don't make it all the way through. And that's become normal for me but that's not what I want anymore. Does anyone have any advice? I tried to pray over part of the list while I was washing dishes or something but for some reason I just can't focus. Which is kinda weird because I can wash dishes and talk with God about something, I mean we can have a deep discussion and my focus is just fine but when I'm praying over a list of things it's not the same for me. Again, does anyone have any insight for me?

My New Year's Resolution this year is to have a deeper prayer life. So I've been focusing on one thing at a time as the Lord leads. This month I started praying for my husband in a special way. It's something that I intend to keep up. I believe the plan is to slowly add more to the prayer agenda month by month. I was reading Power of the Praying Wife and she suggests that you pray over a chapter a day over your husband. I'm really enjoying it, it's a well rounded way to pray for him.

A great verse for prayer: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6

Carrie5683
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I learned something that I feel is very wise and reassuring from my Joyce Meyer book, The Power of simple Prayer I think its called...She says that some people just don't naturally carve out this big long super spiritual session with God each day where they are deep in fervant ..sp? prayer for an hour or more...she said that sometimes when she triesto do that she even falls asleep!.She says we should see prayer as us having the Lord by our side all day long..We should just chat with him..whisper to him, talk to him while we work, cook, drive, do chores, talk outloud even just about everything and then make sure there are plenty of times when we're quiet...But to think that we have to each day go into a room and get on our knees or sit in a chair and bow our heads for an hour waiting for some big prayer event to happen, is just putting stress on ourselves and puts limits on God.I have learned to really just relax and not to try to have a prayer life like other people .Sometimes pastors, and other leaders seem to have such huge exciting intelligent prayers and we assume we need to try to be like that but the Lord just wants us to relax and talk to him the way we do our closest best friends..I believe that when we're totally sincere and passionate even if we're quiet and  speak  a bit awkwardly, there will be power in our prayer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)