Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome all!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:24 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 308 Total Views

Welcome! I am glad to meet other moms who are banning trans fats from their households!

Please Introduce yourself here!

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
laylabella
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:27 AM
My name is Melissa. I am the mommy to 2 boys, 2 and 5. I have been married for 4 years.

I have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 fish.

I am a SAHM, but wish I can find a part time job around my husbands crazy work schedule. He works for chilis.
islandlivin
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2007 at 2:29 PM
HI, my name is Jessica. I have two daughters, 4 and 2. We do not have any pets right now because we just moved to Hawaii and I didn't want to drag my little dog over here to sit in quarantine. He's living with my grandma. I am a sahm also but I'll be starting school in July. My older girl will be starting kindergarten and my younger will go to parttime care. I don't want to put her in but I'm not sure what choice I have right now. Anyway, I trying to completely remove trans fat from my house. I also am trying to buy organic; However, my husband doesn't get it. His favorite treat right now is hostess cupcakes. I don't let him eat them around the kids because I don't want them to want any. My four year old knows that I won't buy food with partially hydrogenated oils. She also asks if things are Organic. Cute.
laylabella
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Yeah my husband is not on the band wagon either, at least he agrees that the kids shouldnt be eating it!

I have been teaching my boys about making healthy choices as well. I think it is great that your 4 year old is leaning this now!

Welcome to the group!
ma22boys
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 2:31 PM
hi!! my name is ashley...SAHM-yeah!!!
i too am trying to remove trans fats and part. hydro. oils from our household and more importantly my kids diets...i have 3 boys (12, 8 and 2)...i have had alot of help from my middle boy's teacher (she has been the same for the last 3 years K-2)...she will not allow these or any sugar in the kids snacks that they bring to school to eat during the day...she has also pushed water drinking!!  it's been great, so i am looking for support and ideas from other moms in removing them from our home as well...my husband is also NOT into this lifestyle but in the long run it will benefit him as well...like it or not- LOL!  i hope to get lots and share some information with you ladies!!  thanks for starting this group!
sincerely,
ma22boys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)