• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to keep trying

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 479 Total Views
I had a miscarriage in April I was so devastated and shocked I had gotten pregnant right away and had no trouble with my first child so it never even occurred to me that I might miscarry when I did I sobbed for days and my little almost two year old kept poking at my tears and kissing me it was all very heartbreaking then the wait period (the dr told me I should wait before trying again) was over and I was eager to try again I wanted another baby and if I could just be successfully pregnant it would help ease my loss unfortunately that is not what happened I got pregnant didn't realize it (it was very early it's at least a week or two before my period should have arrived) and I start having intense abdominal pain went to the ER late Saturday evening they did blood tests and ultrasounds told me I was just newly pregnant that it was ectopic my tube had burst and I was carrying about 1.5 liters of blood in my belly early Sunday morning they performed surgery and removed part of my tube. it is now Wednesday last night it all finally came crashing down and I started balling I'm so upset its too soon for this I'm still coping with the last loss I don't know how I'm going to handle all this I'm completely devastated and due to the surgery I can't even hold the beautiful little girl o actually got to keep she runs around stealing my water working hard to brighten my day and I just wanna hold her close but I can't because she's an active little baby who would hut my stitches I just wanted one more maybe two so badly now I'm scared to even consider trying again (I know I shouldn't make that decision now when my emotions are so all over the place) I'm just scared I don't think I could handle losing another one I was pretty sure I couldn't handle this one. I just keep thinking of this song that says "somebody told me that you would wash all my sins and cleanse me from the storm that was so deep within so I'm calling to you if you can hear me I don't know how but I was wanderin would you hold me now"
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
srkbear
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. It's never easy going through a miscarriage doesn't matter if it's the first second or third miscarriage it still hurts so very much emotionally. Your phyiscal pain will definitely go away a lot sooner. Don't be surprised if your emotional pain last for a very long time, it happens. The important thing is that you get through it and know that you can.

I know from experience that talking with your husband will be very helpful. Doing a lot of praying will also be very helpful. They idea of having another baby is also very scary. If you don't mind me recommending you wait,I think that would be best for a while. Give your body a chance to adjust to everything. The human body can only handle so much and a women's emotions can only take so much. Waiting isn't a bad thing. Take the time you need now to heal physically and emotionally.

I hope this all helps you in some way.

Kathleen

Marriages & Misarriages:One Woman's Personal Experience Available on Kindle, Nook, Paperback & KindleUK
Swartz6
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I'm scared too. It has been 6 months since we lost our daughter.

MrsSumner3
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I've gone through stages some days I think I'm doing ok other days I just feel completely depressed and I just feel so alone in all this :( but I am starting to feel better lots better I've been doing a lot of praying lately and I agree that helps a lot at first I didn't want to pray I wasn't mad at God just confused as to why he couldn't help me but he can't/doesn't jump in and fix all our problems and I'm ging to focus on the point that I did get that still small voice telling me to go to the hospital I had 1.5 liters of blood in me and was continuing to bleed so I have no doubt had I not gone in I wouldn't be here today for my husband and two year old at this point after losing two you would think I would just want to give up but I'm starting to feel like I absolutely have to have that second child like I really need him or her i think once the amount of time the dr recommended has passed we will start trying again
MrsSumner3
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I've gone through stages some days I think I'm doing ok other days I just feel completely depressed and I just feel so alone in all this :( but I am starting to feel better lots better I've been doing a lot of praying lately and I agree that helps a lot at first I didn't want to pray I wasn't mad at God just confused as to why he couldn't help me but he can't/doesn't jump in and fix all our problems and I'm ging to focus on the point that I did get that still small voice telling me to go to the hospital I had 1.5 liters of blood in me and was continuing to bleed so I have no doubt had I not gone in I wouldn't be here today for my husband and two year old at this point after losing two you would think I would just want to give up but I'm starting to feel like I absolutely have to have that second child like I really need him or her i think once the amount of time the dr recommended has passed we will start trying again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)