Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Support Groups

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 3:19 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 586 Total Views

I have wanted to start a support group for women who have lost babies in early pregancy.  I feel it is a much needed service.  The baskets are a great idea to.  Maybe we all can come up with some ideas about what to put in them.  You feel like you have lost everything and you are all alone.  Doing this will help many women.  I lost three babies and I miss them so much.  Even though it has been many years since their death they are still on my mind and I will never forget. 

by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JasonsMom2007
by Group Owner on Mar. 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I am also in the process of starting a group to help grieving women.  Hopefully it will be expanede to help men as well eventually.  There is another woman who is working with me.  She also miscarried.  Our stories are very different which I believe is a huge asset to our group.  We have found that there is nothing in the tri-county area for grieving moms and they are sent home empty handed at the hosptial.

We are still working on what to put in the baskets.  We know we want to put a stuffed animal, a journal, information on our group, contact information in case they need to talk NOW (including an E-mail in case they donĀ“t want to make the phone call), and hopefully a CD with music that helped us as well as a book that really helped her.  That would be the miscarriage basket.  As far as the basket for later losses we want to put in all of those things plus an outfit, blanket, and disposable camera.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Learning2Hope
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

What a blessing!  Thank you for your desire to serve.  I would have been so touched by such a gesture as you two are considering.  A book I would highly suggest adding to your basket is Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake.  Perhaps some print-outs of comforting scripture and listings of support websites and local support groups would also be helpful.  When going through the mourning process, we can tend to put our hygiene and health on the back seat, so maybe coupons or a small gift card for some local restaurants (so you don't have to cook when you're mourning).  Maybe colorful and cheerful socks could be comforting physically and visually as well.  I don't know how other women felt, but chocolate would have been nice for me!  Hope these suggestions help some.  Thanks again for stepping up to minister to the broken women in your communities!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)