Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Book w/ info

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

there was a request to post books with thyroid info so share them here ladys

by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kristin28
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM

A Patient-Expert Walks You Through Everything You Need To Lean and Do the first year Hypothyroidism By Maureen Pratt

Living Well With Hypothyroidism  What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need To Know by Mary J. Shomon

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I just got The Hypothryoid Sourcebook and i thought it was full of information that i havent seen on the internet...

Thyroid for dummies was ok..

Ive read the living well with hypothyroidism and the other one too lol.. there arent alot at my library so ive had to resort to ebay to get ahold of some reading material and getting some that isnt 20 years old is pretty hard...

organicole
by Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

I just got The Hypothryoid Sourcebook and i thought it was full of information that i havent seen on the internet...

Ive read the living well with hypothyroidism and the other one too lol.. there arent alot at my library so ive had to resort to ebay to get ahold of some reading material and getting some that isnt 20 years old is pretty hard...

I know this is an old post but thank you for posting these books....

I just ordered The Hypothyroid Sourcebook from Amazon. You should look there for your used books. Just got this one for $4.00 including shipping :)

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Jan. 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

the ones i listed i got on half.com the sister site of ebay :-) for cheap... had to put my library on hold for alittle while till we get into our house :-)

Quoting organicole:

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

I know this is an old post but thank you for posting these books....

I just ordered The Hypothyroid Sourcebook from Amazon. You should look there for your used books. Just got this one for $4.00 including shipping :)

Jya_1124
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM
I also own living "well with autoimmune disease what your doctor doesnt tell you that you need to know" (I have hashimotos which is hypohyroid with antibodies that attack my thyroid making it an autoimmune disease) written by Mary j. Shomon and "Why Do I Still have Thyroid Symptoms when my labs are normal?" by Datis Kharrazian. Amazing book. There is some marketing for his own remedies which are mainly supplements throughout the book, but the other information is invaluable and helped me a lot when I went to the doctor. I felt armed with information and ready to take charge after reading it..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)