Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you had this symptom.....

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

I am sick.

Dr. is working on finding out what is wrong. Blood work is normal but SEDrate is mildly elevated. He is ordering a chest xray.

I just keep coming back to hypyroidism even tho the dr says no because tsh is normal.

Have any of you had aching in your glands and lymph nodes in the neck/throat, underarms? The aching is progresing under my arms and going into my breast and arms. Have any of you experienced anything like this? Lymphoma was ruled out. Mono was ruled out. White cells are normal. Sugar is normal. Cholesterol is normal. Liver is normal size and functioning normal. Kidneys are normal.

I'm going nuts. It's been more than  year and I am read to figure whatever it is out and get to feeling better. I have two beautiful kids and I can't full enjoy them because I'm too exhausted and hurting all the time.

Thanks

Tammy

by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM
What about fibromialgia? I hurt but not like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimidebbie
by New Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM

When your doctor did your blood work, did they order more than TSH?

Stopthethyroidmadness.com is a good reference. They have a page for tests that will help to discover if you are able to use the thyroid you a hormone you are making.Using the sitemap is helpful.

Mimi Debbie

rglrtmmy
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM

He hasn't been willing to go past the tsh test yet. It's been a struggle.

rglrtmmy
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Do you get sick with things like strep throat with fibromyalgia? I'm working on my second bought of strep throat in less than a month.

DejaVooDoo
by Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have glandular problems as a result of hypothyroidism. But mine isn't primary, I have secondary hypo which isn't exactly the same - Even though it displays identical symptoms.

I get a sore or aching throat often. For days it can go away, before I will get it ongoing for a week or so and then it subsides again. I was told for my own personal circumstances, that considering I have adrenal insufficiency; that when hormone levels are not equal or stable, that it will cause symptoms of achiness and soreness in the throat, mimicking primary hypothyroid symptoms.

There isn't anything I can do it for it, and sometimes it can be really painful too. My Doctor has checked the nodes and glands, and didn't find anything wrong as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)