Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just wanted to say hello! I can't wait to get this started. I'm new to Hypothyroidism and I'd like to learn all I can. And connect to someone that understands what I am going threw.  Can't wait to meet you all!

Wife to Kelly

Mother to Gavin 

And Sadie

And 2 sweet angels in heaven

make money filling out surveys! http://www.cashcrate.com/480011

by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM
Replies (21-27):
Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi, I just found this group yesterday. 

My name is Jackie, and i have had a diagnosis for 3 yrs now.  My chiropractor found it after my 2nd son was born.  With in 2 months of having my baby, we moved (just across town, but I had to do it alone) and it took everything out of me.  I was tired, and now realize I had minor PPD,   I had some milk supply issues too (didnt realize the thryoid had anything to do with that until now).  When tested, my TSH was 1.23.  Well within range.

So fast forward to now.....I have 30 lbs I cant get rid of, I am tired, and find my self angering easily.  I decided to order a book called "The Thyroid Solution".  I am on natural thyroid suppliments and adrenal suppliments to get by.  The book gave me many 'aha' moments.  LIke the RA I was diagnosed with 10 yrs ago, and the current problems I have today.  The feeling of being "of balance", the quick to anger, the tingling in my hands and feet, the feeling cold, even with socks on and the heat up (I never wear socks!)  The non exisitent sex drive, the weight I cant get off, the feeling of exhausion, and how I could sleep for days!  In the last 3 yrs it has gotten worse, and now I am to the point of having to go to a doc for help.  My DH has been patient up until now.  Like most men, he doesnt get it.  I have an appointment with a local GYN who also does natural hormone balancing - his questionaire hit on many thyoid issues.  I hope he has a clue.  I dont want to go on antidepressants.....cuz honestly I am not depressed.  I am a very upbeat person....normally.  :)  That is when my  boys are testing my patience, like they are today (we are snowed in)..

So here I am in a nut shell.  Just starting my journey. 

Medications and Mother's Milk - Group Owner  

Are you tired of BAD Breastfeeding information?  Go to www.llli.org and search the resources for REAL CORRECT info. 

I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam ...... Thank you Popeye!   BEHOLD!  THE POWER OF BREASTMILK!!!   Proud momma of two self weaning, extended breastfed preemie boys!

lizzig
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Greetings!  I'm a mom of two, daughter 6 & son 2.  I was diagnosed as being hypo at the beginning of '06 though I think it's been around for allot longer.  I've had weight & mood issues for awhile.  I was diagnosed as being bipolar awhile ago & wonder if it was truely that or my thyroid.  I've had sleeping issues for as long as I can remember, running for insomnia to not being able to get enough sleep.  Two of my sisters have Graves disease & since they were diagnosed & have been reading up on it they believe my maternal grandfather may have had issues also.  I'm hoping it's one thing that I skipped passing along to my children!

JEWELLBUG
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Hello, everyone!  My story: little on the chunky side all my life, but was very active with sports, so did not worry to much about it, but then I got where I would sleep alot, parents just thought it was a teenage thing.  Pediatrician actually said my thyroid looked big, ran some bloodwork everything was "FINE", that was when I was 15. Fast forward when I got pregnant with my first son something happened and I gained so much weight around 75lbs, they kept checking me constantly for diabetes. After my son was born I started noticing my hair thinning my skin flaky, just thought I was stressed because he had health problems, unable to loose the weight, fast forward to 24 years old, I felt like crap all the time, felt like I was depressed but could not say for what reason other than my weight, could sleep all day, hair crappy, skin crappy, crappy all around, doctor instead of running a thyroid test decided I needed prozac.  I refused to take it and stopped going to him, insurance change at work, so I gave another doctor a chance, this was a year later, the first appointment he kept looking at me making no comments, while I was trying to tell him about all this stuff going on with my body, so I got frustrated and asked him if he was listening, he got up and said honey have you ever noticed how big your neck area is? I said yeah do you see how much weight I am carrying around of course I see my neck is fat. Shorten the story test and two surgeries later, Papillary Carcinoma, said it was the biggest thyroid they had ever seen, with 7 tumors on one side and 6 on the other. They did not remove all the thyroid hoping the little piece would give a little hormone off. Wrong idea, because my cancer index kept being off even though the scans showed no more cancer.  So now I am 31 still fat, and still feel like crap. and do not fall out of your seat but I am on 600mcg Synthroid daily, yes 600 mcg, you would think the weight would fall off because this sends me a little on the hyper side now but it keeps my cancer index normal. I just went to the doctor Monday and told him that if something didnt give we were going to have some problems, because I feel trapped in this fat body and cant seem to get out.  His suggestions exercise and diet, well duh I could have told myself that, I can barely get myself out of bed and you want me to find the little of the day I feel somewhat normal to exercise, I wonder if a maid, cook, babysitter will come with that exercise regime?  So anyhow, glad to find a group with the same issues as mine.

moonleo22
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Hello. I'm 32 years old. I was born without a thyroid. i've been on synthroid since i was 2 weeks old. I have had a somewhat normal development. I had no problems getting pregnant twice, but i had 2 premature deliveries. I have had alot of symptoms lately. especially for the last 3 years since my twins were born. My TSH is within normal limits, so docs are convinced its something else. I'm curious about dessicated thyroid. Its a very controversial treatment. Many people swear its the anwer.the endo I just consulted with is not on that page. He believes in t4 treatment (synthroid).  anyone on here born without a thyroid? Any experience with deccicated thyroid?

JJ1965
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I was having all the same symptoms everyone has been experiencing above, too!  It all probably started about a year ago.  I joined a gym and just felt so exhausted afterwards, and it took me a whole day to recover.  This happened everytime.  I was beginning to think I had chronic fatigue syndrome.  I have been feeling extremely depressed all the time.  I have 4 children, ages 20 to 2.  I began to think I was going through menopause because my periods were getting irregular. I'm 44.  At the urging of my husband, I went to a nurse practitioner.  She noticed that my thyroid was enlarged and sent me for blood work.  She said my levels were trending upward and that I needed to get more blood work in 4 to 5 months to recheck.  I guess I'm not "officially" diagnosed until I get tested again.  At least I'm not alone!

abra
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Hi! my name is Abra, I am 26. I've been with the love of my life for over 8 years, we have been married for five and half of those. We have two beautiful little girls and currently live in Maryland.

I have always suspected a thyroid problem in myself. I've had most of the symptoms for as long as I can remember, but everytime I get a blood test done, they say it is fine. I was recently reading a book that said that the blood test isn't 100% accurate and could miss a thyroid system malfunction. Long story short, I did the at home test of bbt baseline and it came back positive. So, now I'm looking for natural ways to treat it to confirm my self-diagnosis. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

oOlookakittyOo
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I have a double whammy, I have PCOS and I'm hypothyroid.  With the break down of your medical history, the miscarriages, extreme cramps and menstrual bleeding, hair loss, anxiety and depression, it sounds that you may also have PCOS.

Other than the hair loss, I too had a lot of those same symptoms that can be treated with other medications.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)