Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok guys we all have the problem so lets post all the issues here and give us all your advice... words of encouragement...anything you've got. Lets hear it!

jumping rope

make money filling out surveys! http://www.cashcrate.com/480011

by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sailor
by Member on Mar. 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Quoting momathrift:

I've lost 10 to! Im not really payin att to the scale as much as I just wana loose some pant sizes and shirt too. I lost 1 shirt size and almost 2 pant sizes now. So far I've cut out pretty much all sugar. After a week I didnt even miss it and I really just dont like it anymore leaves a bad taste in your mouth and makes you bitchy lol. I work out 45m 5xs a week. I do a leslie simone walking work out videa and piates weighted balls video so far I feel much better even helps the attitude.

Congrats!  How exciting....I am down a pant size also.  I haven't gotten back on the exercise bandwagon since being injured, but I know I need too.  It's going to happen, I just don't know when.   Getting rid of sugar and refined carbs has made a huge impact.  I have so many friends that want to lose weight (and they are not hypo!) and they won't believe me that sugar is defeating their progress!  They aren't in their 20's anymore, can't just eat what you want and work it all off later, lol!  Maybe my weight loss will be a testament to them since they know I have been struggling with losing since my diagnosis.

momathrift
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:19 PM

amen Ive been preachin that to my mom forever! If you cant get rid of the sodas go diet caffiene free. trust me a few days later you wont be able to drink reg coke anymore. also its hard to get people to cut out the coffee. But its worth it and you feel a TON better!

Quoting Sailor:

Quoting momathrift:

I've lost 10 to! Im not really payin att to the scale as much as I just wana loose some pant sizes and shirt too. I lost 1 shirt size and almost 2 pant sizes now. So far I've cut out pretty much all sugar. After a week I didnt even miss it and I really just dont like it anymore leaves a bad taste in your mouth and makes you bitchy lol. I work out 45m 5xs a week. I do a leslie simone walking work out videa and piates weighted balls video so far I feel much better even helps the attitude.

Congrats!  How exciting....I am down a pant size also.  I haven't gotten back on the exercise bandwagon since being injured, but I know I need too.  It's going to happen, I just don't know when.   Getting rid of sugar and refined carbs has made a huge impact.  I have so many friends that want to lose weight (and they are not hypo!) and they won't believe me that sugar is defeating their progress!  They aren't in their 20's anymore, can't just eat what you want and work it all off later, lol!  Maybe my weight loss will be a testament to them since they know I have been struggling with losing since my diagnosis.

make money filling out surveys! http://www.cashcrate.com/480011

Sailor
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Quoting momathrift:

amen Ive been preachin that to my mom forever! If you cant get rid of the sodas go diet caffiene free. trust me a few days later you wont be able to drink reg coke anymore. also its hard to get people to cut out the coffee. But its worth it and you feel a TON better!

Quoting Sailor:

Quoting momathrift:

I don't know how many times I've heard..."oh, I just can't give up my sugar, I don't know how you do it"  Can you say, 25 lbs lost??

wink

mommafox33
by Member on Apr. 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM

How's everyone doing?   Just wanted to report that I cut out my sugars.  It has been about 10 days and I have lost 3 lbs.  I feel much better, and I don't crave sweets anymore.  It is definitely worth the sacrifice :)  

Amy

cowgirlmama01
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Yea! SO happy to hear that:) Good for you!

Quoting tracey77978:

Well I have had thyroid for the last 4 years and have gained quite a bit of weight,I found out I had thyroid a few months after having my son. I had been putting on weight and I wasn't sure why but it came back that I had thyroid.So just taking that pill everyday really bothers me because I forget at least two to three time a week to even take it.Well recently i went and got checked again and it was low and they had to up my medication and right now I am being a lot more responsible about taking my medicine and not forgetting because I am on a diet and if my thyroid isn't right I know I won't loose weight. It is going to be three weeks that  I have been working out and eating healthier and I have lost total 10 pounds in two weeks.So it is possible to take off the weight.

UPDATE:it has been 5 weeks now and I am down 17lbs and I am just happy and I am 8lbs.away from my first goal of 25lbs.

Another up date:It has been week six and I have lost a total of 20lbs.almost to my first goal only 5lbs away.

Sailor
by Member on Oct. 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Congrats to all of you!  It's nice to know I am not alone.  People think I'm crazy!  I am still off added sugar, and white flour.  I've cut back on Caffiene and am working toward dropping it all together.  I'm also trying to cut out Nutrasweet and fake sugar in general.  I use Truvia in my coffee and drink Diet Hansens which is caffiene free and made with Splenda.  But I am trying to get away from all the fake stuff that goes into my body.  Baby steps.  Sugar was the hardest part right?

momof51998
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I know the feeling about the not losing weight. I have been working out 3 times a week since September now and sometimes on the off days of working out I go out and walk, usually at least 1 mile. I have had no such luck at losing anything yet.

momof51998
moonlily85
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:08 PM

My son is 6 months old with hypo thyroidism. I am so afraid he's going to be over weight even as an infant. Not sure what to do!

mandarinjack
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I'm just thrilled to have more energy and I'm losing weight (slowly, but it's coming off)!!!  I also finished my very first 5K (walking and jogging) this past Saturday! I'm so proud of myself for 2 reasons....1st, I finished the race. 2nd, I didn't come in the last pack of participants. I'm actually looking forward to doing this again!

dixiecharmer
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Well I had hyperthyroidism and gained weight (every body else seems to lose weight with this), killed the thyroid, now I have hypothyroidism and really put on weight while adjusting the levels of medication.  Lets add insult to injury, I  then had to go on prednisone because of asthma (inhaled chemicals at work) and I really ballooned.  I was a size 22 heading for 24 and 100 pounds over weight.  I started walking 5 days a week for 45 minutes a day.  No diet and I am down to a size 18.  70 pounds to go.  Mention the word diet and I gain weight.  I want the tee-shirt that says no I am not pregnant I am just fat.  But the HYPOTHYROID   tee-shirt sounds OK  too.

Dixiecharmer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN