• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHARE YOUR HEALTHY RECIPES

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I had a wake up call when I found out I had a Thyroid disease.  It really made me think about getting healthy and taking care of myself.  My dh and I want to change the eating habits of our family.  My mom taught me the "homecooking" style of preparing meals.  So, when it comes to preparing healthy meals...i feel at a disadvantage.  I felt motivated after reading the posts from the "Weight Issues" forum and thought it would be a great idea if we could share some of our favorite healthy recipes. 

Here is one I discovered recently that is a big hit with my kids:

• Whole Wheat Pita Bread
  • Any pizza toppings

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10-15 min.   My kids loved choosing their own favorite toppings to make their individual pizzas.  You can use vegetables and low fat cheese to keep it simple and healthy.   (as you can see, my healthy food knowledge is limited :)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
organicole
by Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Sounds good! We love pizza! A good way to spice it up. It makes sense because pita bread has very little yeast in it. I read that with hypothyroidism you should avoid excess amounts of refined wheat flour and of course white flour is not too good for you either (though it's so hard to do). I have some yeast buildup in my blood so I should really work on not giving in. Don't have a recipe yet but we'll be working on some. Fortunately my hubby's knowledgable about healthy food ( he's a chef) because I am not so excited about being in the kitchen!! Thanks :)

Quoting mommafox33:

I had a wake up call when I found out I had a Thyroid disease.  It really made me think about getting healthy and taking care of myself.  My dh and I want to change the eating habits of our family.  My mom taught me the "homecooking" style of preparing meals.  So, when it comes to preparing healthy meals...i feel at a disadvantage.  I felt motivated after reading the posts from the "Weight Issues" forum and thought it would be a great idea if we could share some of our favorite healthy recipes. 

Here is one I discovered recently that is a big hit with my kids:

• Whole Wheat Pita Bread
  • Any pizza toppings

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10-15 min.   My kids loved choosing their own favorite toppings to make their individual pizzas.  You can use vegetables and low fat cheese to keep it simple and healthy.   (as you can see, my healthy food knowledge is limited :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)