• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, new to this

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Hi, I am a 31 yr. old mom of 5 kids. I have been struggling with different health issues for some time now. I just went to the dr. last week and they finally did some blood work and me and discovered that my thyroid level is very low. they have started me on some meds. for this, so I guess I have hypothyroidism. The dr. didn't tell me that but when looked up on webmd and medicine.net and looked under low thyroid level that is what came up.

Right now I am really struggeling as I have gained 7 pounds in a months time. I was just put on an anti-depressant and some meds for fibromylgia, as this is what the dr. thought might be going on with me when I went the first time about being tired, not interested in things anymore, muscle aches and pains. I just want to sleep all the time and when I do get up and do things it takes everything I have to be able to do them and I just get so exhausted when I do do them.

I guess I'm just looking to meet others with this and see how you all cope. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

momof51998
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
czshcecnc
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Welcome! I'm also new to the group and hypothyroidism. I found out a couple of weeks ago when I had some bloodwork done. I have 10 children and had a miscarriage in June. My cycles stared being irregular and when I did have AF it was very heavy which is very unsual. It took me 5 months to concieve the baby I miscarried. I have yet to have a period and it's been almost 3 months. I have ovulated 2 of the months. I'm going to a endrocrinologist tomorrow and ready to get my body back on track. I have been TTC and didn't realize that the thyroid could have caused my miscarriage. So very worried if I do concieve this month. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Denise

momof51998
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Quoting czshcecnc:WOW you have alot of kids. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I was having problems with my periods there for awhile but had a laproscopic surgery done back in May, the gyn thought I had endometriosis, but they didn't find anything during the surgery, except a build up from a surgery I had 3 years ago, they cut it out and I haven't had a period since, before they were very sparadic and sometimes heavy and very painful. I am on the mirana so I don't have a period at all right now and I shouldn't have had back then. But now I have been told that all those problems could have been caused by my hypothyroidism. I look forward to getting to know you and others.

Welcome! I'm also new to the group and hypothyroidism. I found out a couple of weeks ago when I had some bloodwork done. I have 10 children and had a miscarriage in June. My cycles stared being irregular and when I did have AF it was very heavy which is very unsual. It took me 5 months to concieve the baby I miscarried. I have yet to have a period and it's been almost 3 months. I have ovulated 2 of the months. I'm going to a endrocrinologist tomorrow and ready to get my body back on track. I have been TTC and didn't realize that the thyroid could have caused my miscarriage. So very worried if I do concieve this month. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Denise

momof51998
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)