Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer for Communication:

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:59 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 430 Total Views

I encourage You to pray these as often as necessary until you see a change.

Lord, I invite Your presence to dwell in our marriage. I pray that you would protect my husband and me from any kind of breakdown of communication.  Enable us to always share our thoughts and feelings and refuse to be people who don't talk.  Teach us to trust each other enough to share our deepest hopes, dreams, fears and struggles with one another. Help us to spend time communication with You everyday so that our communication with each other will always be good.  Teach us how to openly express love for one another, and keep us from any laziness or selfishness that would cause us to neglect to do that.  Help us to refuse to speak words that tear down, but only words that build up (Eph. 4:29).

Deliver us from any temptation to lie to each other about anything or deal falsely with one another (Lev. 19:11).  Help us to be totally honest and open about everything.  Teach us to speak with truth, wisdom, instruction, and understanding.  We don't want to be "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim. 3:7).

Teach us to listen to one another and recognize the signs in each other that gives us greater understanding.  Help us find things we enjoy doing together so that we will grow closer and not apart.  Enable us to be able to communicate love, appreciation, and honor to each other at all times.  Teach us to recognize the enemy's plan to steal, rob and destroy our marriage.  Enable us to understand his methods and see his attempts to stir up strife and miscommunication between us.  Help us to take instant authority over any attack he brings against us-especially in the area of communication.  Help us to settle all matters of disagreement between us in a loving, compromising, and considerate manner.  Enable us to always be in unity with You and with each other.  In Jesus' name I pray.

Prayer for Breakthrough in Me

Lord, I invite Your presence to dwell in me and change me where I need to be changed.  Reveal any times where I have not said the right words or communicated the right things to my husband and I will confess it as sin, for I know I fall far short of Your glory (Rom. 8:6-9).  I know I cannot live in Your presence if I don't speak the truth in my heart (Ps.15:1-3).  Take away any deceit in my heart and any perversity in my mind so that evil will be far from me (Pro. 17:20).

I pray that your love will be so much in my heart that it comes out in everything I say.  Give me the right words for every situation.  Help me to remember to show appreciation to my husband for the good things he does.  Open my eyes if I am not seeing all of them.  Give me ears to really hear what my husband is saying so that I can bear some of his burdens by simply listening.  Make me quick to hear and slow to speak.  Give me wisdom to have a good sense of timing. 

Lord, You are greater than anything I face and stronger thank all that opposes me and our marriage.  Thank You that You have giving me authority over the enemy.  I pray I will always recognize his hand in our lives so that I will not allow any of his evil intentions to disrupt us.  I pray that "my mouth shall speak wisdom, and the meditation of my heart shall give understanding' (Ps. 49:3).  I thank You in advance for the answers to my prayers.  In Jesus name I pray.

Prayer for Breakthrough in My Husband

Lord, I thank You for my husband and pray that You would open his heart to all that You have for him and for our marriage together.  Help him to know You better, to understand Your ways, and to see things from Your perspective.  Help him to view the two of us the way You do.  Make changes in Him that need to be made so that nothing will hinder him from fulfilling his purpose and destiny You have for his life and our lives together.

Lord, fill my husband's hear with Your love so that it overflows in the words he speaks.  Help him to understand the consequences for any careless or hurtful words.  Help us both to be more discerning about what wounds the heart of the other.  Speak through us so that our words to each other will be Your words.  Help us to be instruments of Your peace and grace every time we speak to each other.  Convict my husband's heart of times he has said words that have hurt me and did not glorify You.  Enable him to speak words of life and not death, words that build up and not tear down.  Increase his knowledge of Your ways so that he will refuse to speak negatively.  Help him to communicate openly, and not allow a cold silence to exist between us.

Lord, help my husband to be honest about everything.  Convict his heart about any lies he has told me or anyone else, and break down any though in him that lying is acceptable, or that there are different versions of the truth.  Strengthen him to resist the father of all lies and refuse to fall into any temptation to lie (Jn. 8:44).  Help him to stop all deceit (1Pet. 2:1).  May he refuse to be snared by his own words (Prov. 6:2).  May there be no division between us, because we are of the same mind and have the same good judgment (1 Cor. 1:10).  Where he has not communicated well in the past, help him to do so NOW.  Thank You that You are our rock and our Redeemer, and You can redeem all things (Ps. 78:35).  In Jesus name I pray. 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
octavia137r
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM

AMEN AMEN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)