Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selling a home?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:53 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 845 Total Views
Do you need any advice, agent referrals?
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
patty28
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:49 AM
Is there anyone looking for a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home in West Peabody MA. Great location and huge yard.
KimberlyRae
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2007 at 9:55 AM
Fabulous Curb-Appeal in Park-like setting!
Beautiful 4bdrm, 2fullbath and mastersuite,Home READY-TO-MOVE-IN ~TODAY~

Blessings,

KimberlyRae

I'm a WORK at HoMe MoM! Visit me at www.kreationsbykimberlyrae.com

DawnPratt23
by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Please help. We are military and just moved, and are stuck with two mortgages. We need out of the current house asap. As is we can't even have christmas. Our agent just decided she didnt want to work with us anymore. The area is always slow, but not too slow that builders arent building right across the street from our home. I have interviewed another agent, we just need out from this house. getting anxious about it.
preciousones4me
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 10:12 PM
If there is anyone looking for a 3bd, 2 bath home with riverfront, please let me know. Located in Kalispell MT.

(this stays!)

master bed

main bath:)

preciousones4me
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:46 AM
So, for an FSBO, what would be the best way to advertise? We have it in our local paper here, and nothing! I know the market is crap, but seriously. Can someone give me any advice that would help us? We need to sell before we go into foreclosure...

jcmomee
by on Dec. 9, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Quoting preciousones4me:

So, for an FSBO, what would be the best way to advertise? We have it in our local paper here, and nothing! I know the market is crap, but seriously. Can someone give me any advice that would help us? We need to sell before we go into foreclosure...
I don't know much about this, but look on-line. I know that you can list your home on Craig's list and E-bay. Also, there are many websites that allow FSBO homes to list. I am on some military FSBO sites because I am next to a base. It seems to work. Did you see Good Morning Americas story on ways to sell your home FSBO? The one idea that I thought was great was by having a garge sale/ open house. I don't know were you live but if it is some place warm this might be a good idea. It will bring in a lot of people that would not otherwise come to your home. Also, they suggest that you start a blog of your home on your tube. I have never tried it but it might be worth checking out.  
OhioStarbuck
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Hi, I'm a Realtor in Ohio.

I work for a Help-U-Sell office in Columbus, Ohio.

Where are you located? We have Help-U-Sell offices all over the US.

Selling FSBO can get expensive if you are paying for your own advertising, signs, flyers, etc. You also have to commit to the time to place the ads, set up appointments to meet people, try to qualify buyers who want to look at your house, take care of all the negotiating, schedule the inspections, appraisals, etc. Then if something comes up in the home inspection, you have to re-negotiate the contract sometimes. 

I would not necessarily  recommend the "pay up front" type of listing where a broker can put your home in the MLS for six months for an upfront fee of anywhere from $199 to $999. Those types of brokers are usually somehow associated with the For Sale By Owner web sites.

The FSBO sites will eventually get you to buy a package.

If you have two homes to sell, you may get a break on listing commissions if you decide to list your home with a Realtor.

Please check out our corporate web site to see how Help-U-Sell works before you start buying FSBO supplies, buying ads, and spending hours of you rown time marketing your home, etc.

www.helpusell.com is the main web site. I would even suggest reading the links on there about owning a franchise because it explains the business model of how Help-U-Sell works.

My intention of this reply is to help you find out as much information about other options that you have that are not as expensive as a full 6% listing with a Real Estate Broker.

Help-U-Sell is a brokerage with Realtors as well, but the listing fee is a flat rate paid at closing. You can save a lot of money on real estate commissions and it's worth learning about what they will do to market your home.

Can't wait to hear how everything turns out. If you need a referral from me, I can refer you to a top agent in your area if there is no Help-U-Sell office near you.

jknmom
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Try MLS for owners or FSBO.com. They are both pages that for a flat fee after selling will list you on the MLS. Really an important place to have your home listed.
Quoting preciousones4me:

lowie24
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2008 at 8:14 AM
Hi!

I'm new to the group... just wanted to say HI!  I wish I would have found this group earlier... say 6 months ago when we first listed our house!  Would have been nice to have someone else to talk with during this MOST horrible process! lol..... I have a splitting headache this morning, which I'm sure is from laying awake most of the night stressing over the latest offer for my home!  So I'm gonna leave it at a simple HELLO! to you all and come back later after a hot shower and the excedrin have a chance to kick in!!

Lowie
azbead
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM
My hubbys company is relocating us from Phoenix Az to Henderson, NV. Our lovely home, just 20 minutes from Downtown Phoenix (in rush-hour), has not gotten even one walk thru in it's first Month on the market.

We had hoped to relocate before summer - for obvious reasons.

Thanks for letting me post this here & I appriciate any help you guys can offer.
Our Beautiful Phoenix Home

Laura

Learn to bead OR create added income by teaching beading with Bead Retreat.

www.beadretreat.net/jonland 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)