Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

still trying to make since of it all

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:20 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 480 Total Views

sarcasmokay I hear parents of children with "differant" abilities speak with such confidance.My problem is that I need to talk to a parent that has looked at thier wonderful blessing in the middle of the night and broke down and cried I MEAN REALLY CRIED. Feeling like you could have done something differant so that your child could be like that kid at the park or daycare.My child goes to a half day program and comes to the daycare i work in in the evening. Its very frustrating to see the children BABY her and take advantage of her just bbecause she doesnt talk. I see her playing by herself most of the time because she has developed a complex with other people touching her and interacting with her. I mean I feel bad but should I ? My childs dad wont even visit with her and he lives accross the street! She to him is a dirty little secret. She has brothers and a 1/2 sister by him that she isnt allowed to play with or see and they ALL have DD. I mean I am taking this time to vent. I love my princess she is a fighter but sometimes.....just sometimes..... I dont feel like  jumping in the ring with her . Am I BAD MOMMY? She is the best thing that has happened to me but nits hard when you cant explain to people "why she looks normal" but I say thta she has special needs or why is she soooooooooooooooooo HYPER or why cant she just sit down longer than 15 minutes or why she has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many accidents? The questions that I dont have the answers too . Sometimes I just let people think that she is undiciplined so that they can just SHUT UP AND LEAVE US ALONE!! AM I WRONG?

Felicia  Adams
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TLJC68
by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Hi. You are definitely not alone in this. My son that has developmental delays is my secon child born severly handicapped. There are many nights that I cry, wishing I could have don something to change things. I think it is normal for us as mothers to feel this way about our children, especially the children that have special needs. JUst keep your head up and know your child knows you love her unconditionally.

Theresa, mom to Zach and Kyleightoddler girlboy on a swing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)