Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a nurse and I am looking for something that I can do from home.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 490 Total Views

Any thoughts?  I've been trying to find telecommuting jobs, but haven't found many.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  What about companies that hire nurses?  I am looking for something other than a hospital.  I've tried for three months to get a per diem hospital job with no luck so now I am trying a different route.  Thanks!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky-b
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Well I dont know of anything such as what you listed, But I can share with you what I do. I acually have a specialty in COmmunity Health Advising, I have started doing Slumber Parties about 2 years ago and find that both of them go hand and hand as I am able to educate women about their health and bodies, help them enhance the romance in their life all while having fun doing it!

This works for me cause I can use the knoweldge I have, work when I want and have more time for my family. There are many consultants with Slumber Parties that are currentlly nurses or were nurses before doing Slumber Parties.

Feel Free to message me with any questions :0) Good Luck in your search!

Becky Baldwin

www.SlumberPartiesbyRebeccaB.com

callansmomma
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Thanks, but that won't work as I may soon be a single parent.  Nothing like that, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, or anything where I have to go out and work parties would work.   I need something I can do from home or else work in a hospital once or twice a week and leave my son with friends to spend the night.

Quoting becky-b:

Well I dont know of anything such as what you listed, But I can share with you what I do. I acually have a specialty in COmmunity Health Advising, I have started doing Slumber Parties about 2 years ago and find that both of them go hand and hand as I am able to educate women about their health and bodies, help them enhance the romance in their life all while having fun doing it!

This works for me cause I can use the knoweldge I have, work when I want and have more time for my family. There are many consultants with Slumber Parties that are currentlly nurses or were nurses before doing Slumber Parties.

Feel Free to message me with any questions :0) Good Luck in your search!

Becky Baldwin

www.SlumberPartiesbyRebeccaB.com

mblink2u
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I work from home for a health / dental discount company.  I know this isn't 'nursing', but it still is connected to the health field.  I love to help people find the right medical plan for them and save them money in the process.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I am glad to help!

WorkatHomeMom08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Hi, I work with a 25 year old wellness company that has many nurses, doctors, dentists joining our team because of the value, high quality, superb wellness products. We won't ask you to sell any products or do any home parties. You can do this from home and help other families live a safer and healthier lifestyle. The income potential is there if you can put in a few hours a week. You can request more information here:  http;//www.thewhycircle.com/alice.

"HELPING FAMILIES LIVE GREEN AND EARN GREEN"

Alice

HomeBizMom4EH
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Hi There,

I know that lots of times people may hound others about joining a specific company, so I am not going to do that to you.  LOL

I did want to let you know about a website that might help you out though.  Try going to http://www.careerrush.com/.  It's a great website that helps people find work.  Not sure if it will help you out in what you are looking for, but it might be able to give you some more information...

I hope this helps you out...  I wish you the best in your future and in you search...

good luck

arbonnesuccess
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I earn money by selling body applicators which is full of herbs for $25 in which people lose inches. If you want to know more email me. Thanks, kathy

Gsmommy1120
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Where do you live? -Melissa

DeenasEZMeals
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM

There are TONS of jobs out there telecommute for Nurses!  Try looking up postions in case or care managers with Humana, United Health Corp, Wellpoint Inc or Coventry.  They are all insurance companies who need RN advisors to help their clients by phone.  I am a member of a website that lists all the open positions, message me and I'll be happy to send you the link.

Have you tried putting your medical skills to work as  Medical Transcitptionist?  My mother has been a work at home mom for over 20 years as an MT.  I did not follow her footsteps at first, but now an overworked, underpaid, mother of 2 I decided to make a change.  Last year I was laid off from my corporate job at  7 months pregnant.  I made a personal decision to start my own business selling Homemade Gourmet products (the consultant discount really helped us out financially as I could buy  my food super cheap!) but I also started classes online to be an MT.  I am so happy with both decisions. 

There are lots of things you can do as an MT.  You can work as an employee or get set up with 2-3 doctors on your own and make your own schedule.  You would be running your own business, making a very decent income.  My dad was an exec at a bank and some years my mom made more working with her MT accounts than my dad! 

I hope this helps some!  Let me know if you want more info on where I am training online for MT.  I do it in my spare time (if there is any!). 

Good luck in your search! 

Deena

Turn your love of FOOD into a DELICIOUS career!

Jusuru
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM

This is perfect for you.  People, especially in the medical and beauty industry, will know how powerful this product is.  We were just on Good MOrning America, & Fox News.

http://www.Jusuru.com/ReverseAging

This product promotes Healthy Aging, Active Joints, and Younger Looking Skin!

We are the first and will be the only company to offer BioCell Collagen II, in a liquid drink that has been raved about by doctors, nutritionists, plastic surgeons, sports professionals, and celebrities.  Yes, we now can drink our Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid!

We have been getting a high amount of national attention and are looking for representatives.  This is an opportunity no to be missed.

Call me for more details and information.

Lynn

1-866-583-1954

joyinthehome
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Try Maxim Healthcare or Bayada Nurses. you work one on one with your patients. i am a pediatrics nurse and love doing this. It helps me do my home business and spend more time with my kids. Ana

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)