• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello from Canada!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

Hi everyone! I found this site and so glad I did!

I'm a mom to a 1 year old and am in the process of launching my own business. I'm based in Toronto but my business will be providing internet marketing and administrative services to women entrepreneurs. I'm really excited about launching it!

I'm looking forward to learning more about your businesses and making connections with other mompreneurs:)

Caroline

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tonikitchen
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM
Hello and welcome Caroline
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeniseDoxilly
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Caroline! I am from Canada too. I am in Sarnia. I wish you success in launching your business! Excited to hear more about it.

Dream Big,

livewell
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Hi Caroline! I am also in Canada, in Nova Scotia, but what a hoot! The mom above me is in my "home town" (although I was actually born in Norway, I grew up in Sarnia!)

Laila Moysey
Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
Moms helping Moms work from home since 1999

CEOMOMTammy
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Welcome Caroline! I too am from Ontario - Guelph actually. Looking forward to connecting with you.

carolinepigott
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:35 PM

thanks for all of your replies!!

CEOMOMTammy I'm originally from Kitchener and am trying to convince my husband to move back out that way in the future! It's so nice!

Denise, thank you! 

I look forward to learning more about you and your businesses! 

CEOMOMTammy
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Quoting carolinepigott:

thanks for all of your replies!!

CEOMOMTammy I'm originally from Kitchener and am trying to convince my husband to move back out that way in the future! It's so nice!

Denise, thank you! 

I look forward to learning more about you and your businesses! 

A lot of people from Toronto live out our way & commute because our smaller cities are much nicer places to live then in T.O. The great thing about your business is that you won't need to commute:)

What does your husband do? Will he need to commute? That's not a drive I'd want to do every day.. So glad my business doesn't require a commute!

CEOMOMTammy
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Quoting livewell:

Hi Caroline! I am also in Canada, in Nova Scotia, but what a hoot! The mom above me is in my "home town" (although I was actually born in Norway, I grew up in Sarnia!)

Laila Moysey
Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
Moms helping Moms work from home since 1999

Laila, that's so cool - so do you have dual citizenship then? How long were you in Norway? That's a place I'd love to visit.

carolinepigott
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM

My husband hops on the streetcar and is at work in 20 minutes so he's in no rush to move anywhere:( But you do get more for your money out your way. I'm on MLS a lot dreaming about what we could have if we sold our condo today. *sigh* But you're right, it's so nice that I don't need to commute. One of the many reasons I wanted to go into business for myself;)

Laila, I have a good friend in Sarnia! It's nice there too! But I bet Nova Scotia is just beautiful!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)