Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on May. 11, 2008 at 8:25 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
I am not an army wife yet but engaged to a Ssgt who is in the process of being deployed.  He will be home for his last three days stateside soon.  I am hurt, angry, confused, scared, and don't really know what to do.  Please, any advice would  be helpful.  thanks.
by on May. 11, 2008 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cowgirllawyer03
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM
What you are feeling is perfectly normal. A deployment is a scary thing to go through. When my husband went we thought that he was going to be gone 18 months but ended up getting extended for 2 years. His unit was the longest unit to be deployed in the history of this war. I found that it is helpful to find those you can connect with. Get to know other military wives and dont be afraid to talk to them about what you are going through. Feeling scared, angry, depressed, hurt, and stressed are all normal emotions. Finding a local military support group can also be helpful. I also found that doing things to show my support for our troops helped with some of the emptiness. It could be something as little as placing a magnant that says support our troops on your car can be helpful, or writing your feelings and emotions in a journal or blog. I hope some of this helps. Feel free to chat with me if you need someone. Take care and god bless!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)