Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some info about Ft Benning

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

My hubby is going blue to green as an officer and I was wondering what fort benning is like since  we are trying to get stationed at fort benning since my mom has a brain tumor and only lives 6 hrs away in tampa florida. Also looking for prayers that we get stationed there for my moms sake thanks in advance for praying  and for any info you may give me about fort bening like their housing and stuff.

Shalynda Many Crow 

by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
armymommy2be818
by on Mar. 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM

i was stationed at ft benning while i was in.. honestly you might try Ft Rucker, Alabama.. Ft Benning has a lot of BCT and ITB trainees on it. I was stationed on Sand Hill which is where all the training is.. for the most part it is an okay post.. since your family is close you are probably used to the weather.. HOT and HUMID.. it snowed the year that i was there! the px is big but the commissary doesn't have much. cant say much about the onpost housing or the schools since i was single while i was there.. there is only one deployable unit that i know of on benning.. 3rd BDE, 3rd ID.. anything else that you think you want to know you can ask me..

in love

thomasmichael's mommy2be

janiere
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:14 AM

hey we just moved from ft. benning in november. its a very large post with lots of stuff around to do. the dod school system is awesome and now they are building new housing i lived there for almost 5 years at first i didnt like it but then you get used to it and when i left i realized how good we really had it there. we started in crappy houseing and got moved to new. i can help you find some stuff there if your interested just shoot me an email and i will let you know whatever it is you need to know. i really did love ft. benning. the 3 id is the biggest complaint because it is rapid deployment my hubby was gone quite a bit while we were there. 2 deployments in 4 years and they are going to deploy again at the end of this year. so be prepared for that. they just built a new px and they are redoing the commissary. there are 6 walmarts and 1 sams club close by lots of shopping a small mall an outdoor mall you learn very quickly how to get to things off post. and if you are looking to get into the post stuff i can help you with that too. hope you enjoy your time there remember its what you make it and the basic training happens on sand hill and no you wont live there but you will hear it everyday....

janie~repatrioticbutterfly on head

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)