Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Germany

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2009 at 12:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 347 Total Views

has anyone been to germany? whats it like? how are things over there? and if you have been there where were you at in germany? we just found out that we are going there and i was looking for info. can you help me!

by on Apr. 4, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
militarymedwife
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I personally haven't been to Germany. My husband was stationed there for almost 2 years. He said it was beautiful there. He has only been gone from there about 6 months now. The weather is like Michigan weather...nasty, in the winter, lol. Things aren't to bad there from what he was telling me though. He was stationed in "Graff", sorry I can't spell the city, and that's what he called it. Hope this helps a little. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. Good luck on your move. May God bless you and keep you safe. =)

Kaddy
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Hi!

I lived in Germany for many many years growing up. My dad was AF. Its great there! The weather is a bit iffy sometimes but its so pretty. Lots of places to see. Take advantage of the area, drive lots of places and take pictures. Its really cool there. I miss it! I was at K-Town (keiserslaughtern) and Mannheim.

crawfish-323
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2009 at 5:52 AM
My family and I just moved to Germany three weeks ago... we are in Schweinfurt, its beautiful here... I like it so far. If you have any questions just ask... It's still fresh in my mind lol
lunarlady
by on Jul. 2, 2009 at 6:14 AM

i've never been , but my mother was raised there and my Oma still lives there in Gunzburg. have you ever watched willy wonka and the chocolate factory- the old one?? i guess it's kind of like that. my mom tells me of how the bakeries are so delicious. the area is full of culture.  and everyone loves to drink beer. they have a festival in october where everyone dresses up, even the adults to party and dance.  what a coincidence i saw this post today, because my Oma sent me a card and i just got it today.  she writes that right now the weather is cold and rainy in Germany. summer here, winter there. also they still depend on oil for heating. how lucky of you to be going to Germany!!! Have fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)