Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Stewart....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 473 Total Views

I know i've seen other posts on Fort Stewart but none really answered my questions!  We are PCSing there in June.  Does anyone know where to look for apartments/houses off post??  I looked on craigslist and there's only 1 that meets our requirements and is in price range....I keep hearing so many bad things about housing on post, so that's why i'm looking off post....unless anyone has anything good to say about it??  LOL

by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dawnshorizon
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I don't know about Fort Stewart specifically. We were at Fort Gordon (about 2+ hours away) and we lived off post. We are currently living in post housing in California and it is definately not worth it! You pay your entire BAH and could get something better yourself. Georgia is pretty inexpensive. We were pocketing about $200 living off post.

Try AHRN online. It is all military families renting or selling their homes. There are discounts on rent and no deposits on most. Hope it helps. Good luck

Heather

MommyOf315810
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 11:39 AM

That has to be the best website ever!  LOL  Thank you!!

frannys78
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Hello! We recently moved to fort stewart we live off post in Richmond Hill. This area cost a little more, but if you have kids its worth it for the schools. We are renting our house from Remax. You can also check coastal courier online. We found some houses on there too. Let me know when your settled we can get together.

Franny

mamahill09
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM

hey we live on post  i have only been here for a few months but so far i have no complaints from what my hubby tells me a lot of the neighbor hoods around here arent all that great especially if you have kids but where we live things are pretty much quiet and people keep to themselvesell as much as anywhere else lol. and so far everyone has been nice my kids love it here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)