Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fitting rooms

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 538 Total Views
I hate fitting rooms. I really do. I hate clothes being all over the floor and having to pick up after someone.  Or closing the fitting rooms and someone trying to sneak in there. Or if your away from register and your doing something else and you don't see the customer they usually say. Is this register open, or do you work here.
by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
valygrl1
by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 1:45 AM
I hate catching people having sex in the fitting room. I always seem to be the one to discover that i don't know why? (LOL)
gypsysmiles
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2008 at 2:02 AM
I sometimes get stuck working the fitting room (when I'm not in infants), and I hate it. We have 3 fitting rooms, and 1 is a larger stall for handicapped people. There are 2 signs, one proclaiming "Men's Fitting Rooms" and the other "Women's Fitting Rooms".  At least once a day, someone makes a comment like "Oh, I thought these were the Men's (Or ladies) fitting rooms? Where is the (insert opposite gender) Rooms?"

I've instituted a few rules myself.
1. If you're not injured/disabled, or a parent accompanied by an elementary school aged child, You cannot bring anyone into the fitting room with you. Especially if you're a couple of teenagers.
2. The fitting room (unofficially) closes 10 minutes before the store does. I might lie and say 15 minutes before closing if you come over with a heaping cartful of stuff.  However, if you have 3 or less items, I will let you in up to 5 minutes before closing.
3. Yes, the sign says 6 items or less. If you're a disabled or elderly person, I will let you break that rule within reason (9 items... not 30)
4. If you have a sleeping infant, and the larger room is full, I will happily watch the sleepy baby if you have less than 3 items to try on. If the kid is mobile, or screaming - forget it.
5. I give out opinions - they'll be nice, but honest.
6. I do not check size tags in clothes that you are currently wearing (sometimes shirts are an exception, but never pants!)
7. If you ask nicely, I will give you a bra fitting. I don't have to - it is in no way a job requirement. I also do a fair job guessing underwear size and sizing for men's pants... No, I will not measure your inseam.

Do any of you have unofficial rules??

Join me at Retail Mamas! 

flutterbies
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 6:49 PM
Okay... I'm new to the group so that will explain the really late reply to this post!...lol
I agree with all of your rules and only wish our store had a sign limmitng the items allowed in fitting rooms!
I am sorry to the woman who always catches the lovers.  I've never seen that and had to laugh when I read your reply...sorry!
And now to the poster...do you find that the women's fitting room is always THE WORST?!
I don't know if that's because men don't shop or if the idea that women are neater then men is really just a farse!  It's the same with the bathrooms!
~Sarah~
hellenejeffery
by on Jun. 9, 2008 at 10:57 PM
At my store the women's fitting rooms are THE WORST!!!!  We have 3 separate fitting rooms for women, one has 9 rooms, one has 3 and one has 4.  When I get to work in the evening, the rooms are packed with items because the women just leave them laying all over the floor.  There were some times I counted the items and I've brought out well over 125 items.  Then I have to stand there at the fitting room rack (there is one by each fitting area) and hang all the items up that need to be hung.  It takes a while.  Then we go to the next one (there's usually 2 of us ladies working in the womens dept) and start all over, then we go to the third one.  By the time we get to the first one again, we start all over yet again.  It's a never ending job.  Our store closes at 10 p.m. and we are SUPER LUCKY if we get to leave by midnight every night.  We have to make sure most if not all of the items from the fitting rooms are put away and the floor is clean and all the racks are colorized and styled.  It's a disaster.  Just the other night we found a pile of poop in the intimates fitting room.  Talk about rude and disgusting.  People need to be more considerate.  THAT is just ridiculous.

Hellene
gypsysmiles
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I totally agree! I hate it! And EWWWW, somebody pooped in our fitting room last week. We think it was the little boy who kept saying "Mommy! I have to go pottyyyyyy!"

Join me at Retail Mamas! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)