Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My journey into re-lactating.

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 339 Total Views

Hope you all dont mind if i post this here. Just thought i would share this journey then when i finally succeed it can be moved to the Chicken Soup section!

let me first start off by telling you all my name! my name is Jessica, but i go by Jessy. I am married for almost 4 yrs now and we have 3 kids. I BF all of them, but only for a short time. my first i BF for 10days. he had the hardest time latching on and we found out it was because he was tongue tied. I didnt know that you could get his lil thing clipped and i also didnt know about re-lactating. my 2nd one was a big baby, weighing in 10lbs 2oz (yes i delivered vag.!!) and she had an appetite! i nursed her for about 8-9weeks but she wanted to eat ALL the time and it really wore me out! but at least i nursed her that long! now with my 3rd i EBF her 2 1.2 months and she got her first bottle the day i had surgery. it was supposed to be a simple procedure. just went in to get 4 teeth pulled. i knew i was going to be on pain meds and stuff so i really didnt want to BF so i had pumped for her. well after i was healed in some spots i got sick and was still in loads of pain. went back to find out i had an infection and this other thing where the hole wasnt closing like it was supposed to. had to go back 3 other times to get this seaweed stuff packed into it to help it heal along with antibotics. all i wanted to do was sleep so hubby took care of the kids while i slept and healed. i ended up loosing about 20lbs cause i couldnt eat and i ended up drying up. well i thought that was it. and i was heartbroken. then i decided to just look up out of curiosty to see if there was a way to BF again after you dry up and there is! i was/am so excited!!

Well this is day 4 of taking Ferugreek. i take 4 caps. 3x a day. i have also been drinking lots of water and eating oatmeal cookies! i have gotten a few drops of milk out of me twice, so thats a good sign. she has taken to me a few times but doesnt stay on long. i called WIC today about a pump and their computers were down so i have to call back at 1.

DS (2006)toddler boy DD (2008)toddler girlDD (2010)baby girl         Married to hubby since Dec. 2006.in love

by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin on Aug. 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hows it going momma!??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)