Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new recruit

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

hi!

I was enlightened about this group from a friend(tabi_cat1023). I bugged her like crazy last night. lol.

i am searching for support and suggestions on successful breastfeeding. I had a terrible time w/ my older boys. Neither had a good latch(very painful) and then mastitis and drop in supply. For their health and mine, I switched to formula. I am hoping that my soon-to-arrive new little man will be a better/easier eater.

Any ideas that you can give will be much appreciated. Thanks!

tabbykat

by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Daynaof3
by Group Owner on Aug. 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Sounds like the bad latch and oversupply caused a plugged duct leading to mastitis. Kellymom has some great links on forceful letdown you could check out. Doing all your research on breastfeeding now will help you be successful and knowledgeable the next time around. Kellymom is a great site for info and  you could also pick up the book "so that's what they're for!" by Janet Tamaro. I am sure things will be better this time around for you. If you have any issues in the hospital ask to see a lactation consultant asap! Congrats!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin on Aug. 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Darn I can't believe I missed your post...welcome..you'll get there with some good support and people to come running to when you get bad info or doubt yourself..feel free to "bug" me anytime!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)