Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lact-Aid Nursing Trainer vs. Medela SNS

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1397 Total Views

Lact-Aid Nursing Trainer vs. Medela SNS

I am wanting to get one of these to help me relactate and was wondering if anyone has ever tried either one and which one should I get? I want to make sure I spend the money on the one thats going to do best for me and my baby. Any suggestions or advice is greatly needed.

I'll also throw in the links to help show you want they are(if you don't know all ready)

http://www.lact-aid.com/prodcat09.htm#systems

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/breastfeeding-devices/51/supplemental-nursing-system-sns

by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Xakana
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I don't use them, but I know a few moms who do and all of them prefer the Lact-Aid and recommend the SNS only for short-term use with new babies. I have information about them on my profile in one of the widgets that includes video links if you're interested.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker... Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Dianebrooke
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Thank you so very much

Xakana
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM

You're welcome!

baby in slingtoddler girl

Admin: Love and Respect, No [hitting] No CIO and
Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting

Owner: Natural Babies due in January 2009

Mommy2twoboyz22
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 3:34 AM
I am currently using medela sns and so far it works great! If you have wic they may give you one free.i got mine free yesterday

Lindsey, stay-at-home mom to Landan and Colin, and loving wife to Justin

maggiemom2000
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I have uses the Medela Starter SNS (A disposable system ideal for short-term (24-hour) supplemental feedings at the breast),

the Medela SNS

the Lact-Aid

For multiple feedings a day and long term use I defintely choose the Lact Aid! You can prepare a bunch of bags of milk in advance (it really heps to have several assemblies as well, a bit of an investment but cheap when you look at the formula you won't buy becuase you brought milk in!).

I found the SNS to be cumbersome and often leaked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)