• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Removing a background on these detailed monsters. UGH!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

I do a lot of ads/fliers, covers and such for this company and I'm looking for the easiest way to remove the background from these pieces of jewelry.  It's way to hard to go around with the eraser or lasso, but I don't know how else to do it, there's so much detail.  Suggestions?  Here's an example:

Thanks SO much!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Rabbit
by Head Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a good as I could get the background cleared on this piece by using the filter extract in PhotoShop7, there is still a lot of small detail that will probably need to use an easer on I didn't have the patiences. I don't know how to clear the background in Paint.Net.

LadyHawk70
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Have you tried using the magic wand tool in PDN first and then using the eraser tool for what's left over?  Sometimes it works and other it doesn't. Although I'm not sure it would work with this item because of all the drop shadow involved with it. I find my items I tube never work when the item has a drop shadow to it. It's worth a try, though.

monkeymamma72
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Ya...*sigh*...I've tried that too.  It takes out a ton of the jewelry itself on most pieces.  Oh well, I'll keep trying to find a better way.  Thanks, ladies!!!!!  <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)