Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

Hi everyone! I am new to the group. My name is Misty and I am 24. My husband and I have three little one's. Our daughter is going to be 4 in July, our son is 2 and our youngest son is 9 week's old!

I am glad I found this group because I do feel like a very unappreciated SAHM. My husband obviously work's. But his job isn't that bad. If they have nothing to do then they all sit around telling joke's, or playing video games or they work on their putting in the office hallway. He does have hectic day's but not to often.

My day on the other hand consist's of chasing my 3 1/2 and 2 yr old around, reading to them, playing a game or two, working on numbers, shapes, letters and colors. My daughter practices her writing, I take them outside either in the morning or afternoon depending on weather, I feed them their lunch, lay them down for their nap. All while trying to tend to my 8 week old who obviously doesn't have a set schedule. On top of that, I am in school full time (I go online since I can't attend the campus here), I do all the laundry, dishes, take out trash, make the bed's, clean up the toy's, do all the vaccuming, dusting, wash the floor's, any other household cleaning stuff, PLUS I take care of the house finances and make sure the bill's get paid and on Friday night's or Saturday morning's DH will watch the three kid's for an hour or two so I can go grocery shopping. I used to be able to take the older two with me, but since having the newborn I cant fit them all in the cart lol.

I love staying at home with my kid's. I could go get a job and put them in daycare but I don't want that. I don't mind what I do. BUT, what I do mind, is when my DH come's home at night and say's crap like "what did you do all day" and tell's me it doesn't look like I did anything or tell's me I am lazy at time's and that HE has the "real" job. One day I literally did nothing to the house and when he got home crap was everywhere the pant's he wanted were not washed, dinner wasn't cooked or ready...but instead of going "I learned my lesson you do do stuff" it was..geez were you overly lazy today? UGH! It just pisses me off sometimes!

I am blessed to be a wife, and a mommy to three wonderful kid's!  

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
greenvase
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I read your thoughts and feel for you.  I have an extremely supportive husband so I have nothing to contribute here but wish you the best and hope that your DH can someday soon learn to appreciate what you do and how integral your role is to the family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)