Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Making You Crazy in Your Life?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2008 at 8:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 494 Total Views
Is this someone in your life?  Come share your story.
by on Feb. 13, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Replies (1-10):
kinleygsmom
by on Feb. 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM

My mother in law!!!  I like to refer to her as Satan most of the time.  She drives me insane.  She means well, most of the time, and I really do try to remember that so that I do not ruin my relationship with her...but it is hard.  She treats me and sometimes my husband as though we are not capable of raising and taking care of our own kids.  And when it comes to my sd, she treats me as if I know nothing and as if she is her mother.  I have been in my sd life since she was 3, she is now 7, I believe that I am more than capable of knowing how to take care of her and what is best for her, I am my kids mother, not her...I want to tell her to learn her place and back off!

libbysmom1
by on Feb. 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM
My MIL is the same way olny I don't have step kids instead I have a child from a previous relationship and she acts like she is hers as well as my son with her son. Good luck.
Quoting kinleygsmom:

My mother in law!!! I like to refer to her as Satan most of the time. She drives me insane. She means well, most of the time, and I really do try to remember that so that I do not ruin my relationship with her...but it is hard. She treats me and sometimes my husband as though we are not capable of raising and taking care of our own kids. And when it comes to my sd, she treats me as if I know nothing and as if she is her mother. I have been in my sd life since she was 3, she is now 7, I believe that I am more than capable of knowing how to take care of her and what is best for her, I am my kids mother, not her...I want to tell her to learn her place and back off!

My son hunter's first halloween 2007.
chocolateroses
by Group Owner on Feb. 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Being a mother is the most difficult job we will ever have.  I am constantly asking the question where to draw the line at being a mother with my grown children.  Thankfully, my children have been blessed with their father's tact and laovingly give me boundaries when necessary. 

My own mother is very co-dependent and I just realized that to help with our relationship, I had to establish (in small steps) boundaries so I didn't feel overwhelmed.  This didn't mean that I didn't complain, cry and whine on a regular basis.

My thoughts are with you. 

livewell
by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM
My ex and father of my eldest is driving me crazy right now - he is 2 months behind on his support and is trying to justify it.

I say the group in the "groups seeking members" and said to myselp "here is where i can rant about him without spoiling the positive feel of my homepage"
gacgbaker
by Group Admin on Feb. 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Quoting livewell:

My ex and father of my eldest is driving me crazy right now - he is 2 months behind on his support and is trying to justify it.

I say the group in the "groups seeking members" and said to myselp "here is where i can rant about him without spoiling the positive feel of my homepage"

Rant away!  :)  So sorry about him being 2 months behind, I am sure that makes things pretty tight for you, and VERY frustrating! 
breath
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM
My husband God bless him drives me NUTS! I am pregnant with our first child due in July! He is the sweetest guy in the world. Tries to go above and beyond what he needs to, and HE DOES!  While most women would love to be waited on hand and foot, it is nice to be able to just do something for my self! Like clean the house, or go grocery shopping by myself. I was always able to manage keeping our home clean and shopping by my self now it seems as if I am not able to do anything by myself. Well just had to say something! :)
gacgbaker
by Group Admin on Feb. 19, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Quoting breath:

My husband God bless him drives me NUTS! I am pregnant with our first child due in July! He is the sweetest guy in the world. Tries to go above and beyond what he needs to, and HE DOES!  While most women would love to be waited on hand and foot, it is nice to be able to just do something for my self! Like clean the house, or go grocery shopping by myself. I was always able to manage keeping our home clean and shopping by my self now it seems as if I am not able to do anything by myself. Well just had to say something! :)

My husband was alot like that with my first too. I really appreciated it, but at the same time you kinda feel like you would like to take some ownership in some of the things around the house and would like to do them too. Maybe you could have a list set aside of the things that you know you need to do, and would like to do on your own, everything else he is free to help you with!
kinleygsmom
by on Feb. 19, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Quoting breath:

We have all felt this way!  It is called HORMONES!!!  My husband drove me insane when I was pregnant over nothing at all...just hang in there sweetie...just remember this is his first experience to and he isn't sure what he is doing either.  Not to mention, he is a man!  Try to relax and take great advantage of this time to rest...you will need all your energy when your beautiful bundle of joy gets here.
stressedwolf
by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 5:25 AM
My Stepkids drive me nuts sometimes, esp. my SS.  He is so mouthy and I am trying to learn how to curb that.  My BF can drive me nuts.  His ex is my ultimate drive me nuts.  She posts things about me that just aren't true.  I cannot believe she has the nerve to lie about me.  I have tried to be nice to her time and again about this and that,   I talk to her, cuz my BF and her cannot talk ever.  Sparks fly when they do.  So, she gets pissed at me all the time, then tries to talk nice to me like nothing is wrong.  UGH!!!!!!!!!  She's on myspace and leaves comments that are just annoying.  I left her unblocked cuz I just don't want to add to her drama rant.  And as they say, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.  They in the midst of a custody case and BF has temp. full custody, cuz she fled the state with his two. 
gacgbaker
by Group Admin on Feb. 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Quoting stressedwolf:

My Stepkids drive me nuts sometimes, esp. my SS. He is so mouthy and I am trying to learn how to curb that. My BF can drive me nuts. His ex is my ultimate drive me nuts. She posts things about me that just aren't true. I cannot believe she has the nerve to lie about me. I have tried to be nice to her time and again about this and that, I talk to her, cuz my BF and her cannot talk ever. Sparks fly when they do. So, she gets pissed at me all the time, then tries to talk nice to me like nothing is wrong. UGH!!!!!!!!! She's on myspace and leaves comments that are just annoying. I left her unblocked cuz I just don't want to add to her drama rant. And as they say, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. They in the midst of a custody case and BF has temp. full custody, cuz she fled the state with his two.
So sorry about the situation!  Sounds like it is very difficult for everyone! 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)