Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be a Victor Not a Victim! Part 1

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 432 Total Views

In my experience, most CrazyMakers (CMs) I have come in contact with are abusive in one way or another.  Now, what I have read says that some CM's really done realize what they are doing until it is pointed out to them.  True?  False?  Possibly in some circumstances.

But, what I know to be completely true is that we do not have to condone or put up with someone being a CrazyMaker in our life.  We can take baby steps to regain control of our lives. 

I am a Victor not a victim!  Just as anyone in an abusive situation, we have to stop being the victim.  In the sea of hopeless you are feeling at this moment, you may think I am crazy too.  Again, baby steps...don't sit back and do nothing.  Even the simple act of praying for the CM will start you on the road to taking back control of your life.

When talking with my son about praying, he was so exhausted that he couldn't even imagine that God would see his situation.  I have a favorite book of prayers by Germaine Copeland call Prayers That Avail Much which is completely Word based.  My son didn't think it appropriate to just read from someone's book.  But I explained the basis of this book.  The prayers contained in it are all based upon Scripture.  Ephesians 6:17 says to take up the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. 

A sword is a tool of warfare and when wielded can cause a tremendous amount of damage, even death.  We have the right to declare war on the actions of our enemies (even the behavior of opu loved ones).  Please note that I am emphasizing the ACTIONS and BEHAVIOR because those of us who have CMs in our lives have to deal with a constant battle of emotions and mental instability, whether it be ours or the CMs.

I love the Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien, so envisioning the power of the Sword of the Spirit helps me to see how craziness can be defeated and our enemies/loved ones healed.  Yes, I said we should desire the enemies in our lives to be healed.  If not for them, but for the people they affect (three small children in my situation).

When praying for protection I will pray for a hedge or protection to be place around and about my family.  Hedges were used like fences to surround vineyards and houses.  So the hedge I want to surround my family and the CM(s) is 20 feet high and full of thorns.  It keeps the evil out, but also the person being protected on the correct path.  Job 1:10 speaks of the hedge God placed around Job which prevented the devil from harming him.  Micah 7:4 is about a hedge of thorns and that the day of the watchman has arrived along with confusion reigning down upon the enemy.  Also, we are to pray for those who despitefully use us, Luke 6:28.  There are usually circumstances beyond our knowledge affecting how others act and live.  BUT, these circumstances do not give them the right (socially, morally, or spiritually) to abuse others.  Also, read and pray Psalm 91.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/chocolateroses
by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)