Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself and spread the news.

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM
  • 51 Replies
  • 1324 Total Views
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to get things rolling as I have received my first assignment from for this discussion group.  Please introduce yourself on this post.  For at least the next 10 weeks, we will be chatting with each other about the book.  I have received the Web Event Schedule and will be providing a post to share it with you.

I am really excited and I know that the CAFEMOM group can be the biggest and most importantly the most engaged discussion group for this class. 

Again, introduce yourself and I will be chatting with you soon.  The book is AWESOME!!
by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG2.0
by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 8:33 PM
My name is Toya and Iam a single mother of one little girl. Im currently reading the book for a second time and can't wait for the class to start. This book has already had an impact on my life and Ive been wanting share this experienc with others.

Brought to you by Toya

Bells1158
by Group Owner on Feb. 25, 2008 at 9:27 PM
My name is Bernadette and I am so excited about this book.  It's one of those things where you either get it or you don't.  I GET IT!!!!  I can't wait to meet everyone.
conjuredUp
by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Well girls,

I gotta tell ya. I've been waiting my whole life for this moment.
NOW.

And you all are here and sharing this pivotal call to change with me.
A shift is happening.
A return to the ONE.
On a grand enough scale (thank you Oprah!!!) that we MAY ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

I haven't finished the book yet but it is already vibrating familiar with me.

Let's GO! :-)

Hearts, Claudia

n_maw
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 2:39 AM
My book is finally waiting for me at the library!  Yay!  Well, I'm Natasha and I'm a confirmed bookworm.  I love to read and since I started blogging about books I'm reading even more.  Check out my profile for all of my book reviews.

I have two small little boys and we go to the library three times a week for storytime.  I can't wait for the weather to turn warm and then we'll spend our entire days outside in the garden.  I just became a Master Gardener and love it!

Not much else to say about me.  I look forward to discussing this new book with each of you!
CarolynG
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:41 PM
My name is Carolyn. I am married and we have three precious children. I love to read!! I have learned many things over the years from watching Oprah. I signed up for the online class as soon as I heard about it. I am excited about being apart of this group and the online class!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Carolyn

HAPPY READING!!
JEMSmom13
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:47 PM
I'm Sandi. I am loving the book; it resonates on so many levels! I am ready for our discussion...I will be done reading the book by March 3rd.

Let's be a part of the shift....a postitive, energizing shift!

Love and hugs,

S
Nobie
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 11:39 PM
HELLO Ladies,

I'm Arbara .....aka wife, mother, and NEW co-business owner! Man thats alot in a day. I just bought my book and looking to start it tonight or tomorrow morning w/ my coffee and LO's a.m bottle.
I hope to enjoy this life changing event with all of you and so many more.

Take care and God bless!
michaelsmom777
by Member on Feb. 27, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Hello All!

I'm Lisa O. and I'm equally as excited. I'm getting all happy just feeling like a welcomed shockwave is going to hit. =) That's about the only way I can describe it.

My book just got in today. The person I bought it from gave me free expedited shipping (in exchange for a 5 star rating). I feel like life is saying, "Just wanted to make sure you have time to read this and be on top of it.- There's no way you're getting out of this one".

AT the age of 18, my Christian faith church decided to change all of it's doctrine. Remembering that I was taught, "God is a Constant". I was immediately disenchanted and I disengaged with my life long religion. I then briefly studied all the religions I could find including those of Eastern thought and the only one that resonated at all was Taoism. I found every religion seemed to have a parallel with the others. They all held a piece of the truth, but then they all had their different versions of the story and doctrines. I just didn't know what to make of it all. So I resisted belief in any sort of Dogma.

About 5 or so years ago, messages of spiritual evolution have been coming my way in a variety of ways. I was lucky to run into a spiritual teacher, a healer, What the Bleep do We Know, & The Secret, - and quite a few books too that really drive similar messages (even a pocket book picked up by chance at a super market for $0.99!). I have been dragging my bum on changing and practicing ALL these new things I've learned, and life is just not having it! This book comes to me as yet another swift kick to get back on the trail (the biggest one yet!).

I have definately experienced a lot of change in the last five years. I've learned so much from so many places, but just haven't really been able to make total sense of it. I still feel far from claiming my true power. Sure, I've experienced feeling my own energy surge through my body, physically feeling emotional stagnation and purging it, and even manifesting my own desires, but now my husband and I are at the point where we are like, "What if we truely don't know what's best for us? We are asking for all these things and finding that it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be in our heads! What's the point in manifesting if you don't really know the right thing to manifest?. How do we give up our own desires up for what our higher power wants for us?"

This book I feel is the pinnacle. I've been reading Chapter 1 today and I'm stunned. I never knew that my feelings could be put to words!! All of that about flowers, & birds, and about the religions of the world. It resonates with my whole being- I am saying YES YES YES! Finally there is someone writing what has been carved in my soul and I've not had words or conciousness to understand!!

I LOVE YOU ALL just for being here with me to share all that we are going to experience on this journey!

Much LOVE & LIGHT!

Love Always,

Lisa O. 

MamatoaRose
by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 12:29 AM
What you wrote is just beautiful Lisa!
Quoting michaelsmom777:

Hello All!

I'm equally as excited.   I'm getting all happy just feeling like a welcomed shockwave is going to hit. =) That's about the only way I can describe it.

My book just got in today.  The person I bought it from gave me free expedited shipping (in exchange for a 5 star rating).  I feel like life is saying, "Just wanted to make sure you have time to read this and be on top of it.- There's no way you're getting out of this one". 

AT the age of 18, my Christian faith church decided to change all of it's doctrine.  Remembering that I was taught, "God is a Constant".  I was immediately disenchanted and I disengaged with my life long religion.  I then briefly studied all the religions I could find including those of Eastern thought and the only one that resonated at all was Taoism.  I found every religion seemed to have a parallel with the others.  They all held a piece of the truth, but then they all had their different versions of the story and doctrines.  I just didn't know what to make of it all.  So I resisted belief in any sort of Dogma.

About 5 or so years ago, messages of spiritual evolution have been coming my way in a variety of ways.  I was lucky to run into a spiritual teacher, a healer, What the Bleep do We Know, & The Secret, - and quite a few books too that really drive similar messages (even a pocket book picked up by chance at a super market for $0.99!).   I have been dragging my bum on changing and practicing ALL these new things I've learned, and life is just not having it!  This book comes to me as yet another swift kick to get back on the trail (the biggest one yet!).

I have definately experienced a lot of change in the last five years.  I've learned so much from so many places, but just haven't really been able to make total sense of it.   I've experienced feeling my own energy  surge through my body, physically feeling emotional stagnation and purging it, and even manifesting my own desires, but now my husband and I are at the point where we are like, "What if we truely don't know what's best for us? We are asking for all these things and finding that it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be in our heads!"  "What's the point in manifesting if you don't really know the right thing to manifest?".  "How do we give up our own desires up for what our higher power wants for us?" 

This book I feel is the pinnacle. I've been reading Chapter 1 today and I'm stunned.  I never knew that my feelings could be put to words!!  All of that about flowers, & birds, and about the religions of the world.  It resonates with my whole being- I am saying YES YES YES!  Finally there is someone writing what has been carved in my soul and I've not had words or conciousness to understand!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL  just for being here with me to share all that we are going to experience on this journey!

Much LOVE & LIGHT!

bianchi01
by Member on Feb. 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM
wow...great reply lisa...
I think we're all going through the same thing...which makes me believe more and more that this is the time for the world to change.

My name is Sarah, I'm a mother of one big hearted boy that's about to turn one on March 1st!!! I'm also engaged to an alcoholic, who suffers from ADD, and Depression. I feel like the last thing he needs is medication. He needs to start being more Present. He lets his thoughts control his life and sometimes I feel like he's a spiritual black hole. I try to maintain Presence but when he's around I can almost feel that being sucked away from me. 

I feel like there couldnt have been more perfect timing in seeing this book on Oprah...I'm excited to be sharing my journey with you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)