Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Backlash

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 2:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 809 Total Views
A friend found this earlier and I am really floored.

I grew up in a Roman Catholic home so I wasn't exposed to any other side of Christianity. Are there really Christians out there that believe this???

Sorry it is negative, and it is TOTALLY activating a pain body, but like Tolley said last night...sometimes it needs to be done.

by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unique_puzzle
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 2:40 PM

For me, II do NOT agree with everything Oprah said.  But, I do believe it is possible to take elements from Tolle's book and still maintain your Christian beliefs. 

TexasMom817
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM
To me this video is saying "Christians, close your minds. Don't seek any further knowledge or a deeper experience of God than whatever we give you in church. It might be dangerous for you to do so."

Just what is wrong with Marianne Williamson proposing a Department of Peace? We already have a War department, a military, etc. They just kind of left that hanging like it's a BAD thing but not really saying why.

It will be interesting to see the Church take on Oprah!

michaelsmom777
by Member on Apr. 1, 2008 at 4:35 PM
I'm feeling this. Yep yep.
Quoting TexasMom817:

To me this video is saying "Christians, close your minds. Don't seek any further knowledge or a deeper experience of God than whatever we give you in church. It might be dangerous for you to do so."

Just what is wrong with Marianne Williamson proposing a Department of Peace? We already have a War department, a military, etc. They just kind of left that hanging like it's a BAD thing but not really saying why.

It will be interesting to see the Church take on Oprah!

Love Always,

Lisa O.

michaelsmom777
by Member on Apr. 1, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Okay so I watched it finally.

I didn't even know about the Department of Peace. HOW COOL IS THAT?!? At least I learned about the Department of Peace from this vid. There's a positive for ya! =)

Love Always,

Lisa O.

profoundlove
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 5:35 PM
After sitting with this information I have reached this conclusion.

It was created out of fear.
Fear of losing what they have, and not getting what they want.
Lotta money & control in religion.

I too had a painbody reaction C..after I laughed I was angry..now, it's flowing through me..
The anger was in this body, now it flows through..
Good exercise for strengthening of being.

Karbear
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM
I almost agree with both of them if that is possible. I consider myself Christian. I really thought a great deal of the book was in alignment with my beliefs. He highlights throughout how a Christian would call it XYZ, a buddist may call it abc(whatever concept he was refering to at the time).

We are the light of the world bc God is in us. God works through us. I have heard that  before. I definitely didn't agree with the afterlife part but he said how he doesn't think about that. I didn't take it as if he didn't think there was one, he just didn't address the issue.

As a Christian, I do believe in Jesus and God. I can't imagine being a Buddhist or not believeing in heaven but that didn't threaten me.
profoundlove
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM
After reading this book, and realizing that labels are egoic, do Christians feel their painbody activate in defense of that label?
Just curious.

And too, has A New Earth caused an awakening, or letting go of labels such as "Christian" for any of you who do claim that label?
Karbear
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM
I don't think of Christian as being a pain body just as I don't think of being white as a pain body. I think that's your issue.
Quoting profoundlove:

After reading this book, and realizing that labels are egoic, do Christians feel their painbody activate in defense of that label?
Just curious.

And too, has A New Earth caused an awakening, or letting go of labels such as "Christian" for any of you who do claim that label?
profoundlove
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Quoting Karbear:

I don't think of Christian as being a pain body just as I don't think of being white as a pain body. I think that's your issue.
Quoting profoundlove:

Just curious.

The Label.."Christian"
In the book, Tolle says "Labels are limiting."  Labels are only a need of egoic mind..
"Christian" is a label, that's what I was referring to. In the same text that Tolle does in the book.
So allow me to elaborate..
If it were suggested to you, to rid yourself of the label Christian, do you think you would defend your label? Thus activating your painbody in doing so?

I did not say Christians are all in painbodies, or even that you were..
I simply reiterated what Tolle talks about in the book, when it comes to labels, period.
This youtube clip prompted me to ask some questions to those of you who do claim the label "Christian."

TotallyTart
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Quoting profoundlove:

After sitting with this information I have reached this conclusion.

It was created out of fear.
Fear of losing what they have, and not getting what they want.
Lotta money & control in religion. I completely agree...

I too had a painbody reaction C..after I laughed I was angry..now, it's flowing through me..
The anger was in this body, now it flows through..
Good exercise for strengthening of being.

Support This Site
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)