Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Seen This?

Posted by   + Show Post

Several weeks ago, I recieved my book, A New Earth,  shortly after someone told me to check out this site so I did.
Please let me know what you think as far as the Video...
Thanks

Please go to http://truthtold.wordpress.com

by on Apr. 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-14):
Angel925
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 4:06 PM
I got this email from my Aunt the other day. My Mom & I are both reading the book & taking the online class & she sent us both is asinine video! In the green below is what my Aunt  asked us & below that in purple is what I wrote back to her. I honestly can't believe that people put out this email & that they are really even thinking this. I was SO glad that Oprah did the show last week about these topics. I called my Aunt & told her to watch it & I think it answered a lot of her questions. She said her bible study group discussed A New Earth this week so she was glad I help enlighten her on this subject.

This is what I kind of suspected this course of Oprah's was all about and as a Christian person, I was a bit wary.  I don't believe in the religion of secularism.  Have you  been following this course and what do you think?

Oh my!  Well since you asked.... I have SO much to say on this subject!! However, I am not sure I truly have the time to go into everything right now. And I have to wonder what good would it do to really say my true thoughts on this. It isn't going to change how you feel or look at this. We both know that. And I don't think that I should try. You have your beliefs & I have mine. 
But I guess you wouldn't have sent this if you didn't at some level want to know how we all felt. I hope you did. So here goes.
I don't know if I could even begin to tell you how incredibly ridiculous that video was! Almost everything Oprah has said on this matter & I believe she feels, has been taken totally out of context. It is amazing what a little prejudice editing can make you think someone has said!
I happen to MORE than agree with MANY of the things in this book. I am really enjoying reading it & taking the class.There really isn't too much in this book that didn't already go along with my beliefs & many of the other things I've already been learning in my life  I don't think the book has much at all to do with religion, or disagreeing with religions. It is merely a book on awakening to your higher level of  consciousness within yourself. Have you heard of The Power of Now also by Eckhart Tolle? It is kind of what this book is a branch off of. Being present in the moment & not caught up in all the junk in your head. This is my main reason for wanting to read it. :O)
Spirituality & religion are not the same thing! I don't agree with the fact that Jesus is the "only way". In my opinion, how small minded of people to think this! Why do religions think that their beliefs & their way is the ONLY way. Really?? Why is this? And why does it seem that religious people want others to believe the same way they do. But spirituality minded people don't worry so much about it. It is more about being at peace within yourself & your beliefs. To me anyway.

Be Blessed!

Koryn }ii{

mema2007
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Concerning the above post --  I think my daughter was more enlightened than I was.  My egoic mind set took over and I wrote this back to my sister after she sent the video to us.

Virginia, Since you asked, yes I am reading the book and following the on line course. I think it's wonderful and not at all like the propaganda in this video. Unless you're educated on a subject I do not believe you have a right to judge it and condemn it. Anyone can take things from anywhere out of context and turn it into something evil, even the bible. I'm surprised you've fallen for this old trick and are passing it around. It is also really stretching it to involve Obama in this subject since his name has never been mentioned in the book or the on line course. This is the kind of stuff religious wars are started on and it makes me sad to think you would be involved. Do you really need everyone to believe the exact some way you do to make yourself ok?

I wrote her an apology as soon as my awareness came back to me.

I hope we're talking about the same video that has been circulating around about the "Church of Oprah".  I didn't bother to watch the video again as It bothered me the first time.

Keep Reading,   Kathleen

Mema R.N.

NickiV
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 11:05 AM
A New Earth has really got some panties in a twist.  I saw this video in another groups post and started a fire over there.  I almost lashed back but took a moment to check the ego and realized that the people taking stock in the video aren't gonna listen no matter what I say.  Some minds are just closed no matter what a person tries.  As a Christian I love what this book is helping teach me!!
Nicki - :o )
Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mom, Friend - One person, many services...
Remember that God walks with all of us!!
Once Upon A Family, preserve the moments as memories - ask me how...
conjuredUp
by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Quoting NickiV:

A New Earth has really got some panties in a twist. I saw this video in another groups post and started a fire over there. I almost lashed back but took a moment to check the ego and realized that the people taking stock in the video aren't gonna listen no matter what I say. Some minds are just closed no matter what a person tries. As a Christian I love what this book is helping teach me!!
PERFECTLY put, IMHO.  :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)