Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about your love one

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
My Husband saw the video agaisnt the New Earth and had a strong reaction to it. He has not read the book. But I have talked about it several times. Has anyone esle had this issue?
by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Stressfreemom
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I have not read the book yet. I can tell you that I have been in a Transformations coarse for over two years now. It is simular work to the book. My husband thinks that we are all crazy. hahaha  I continue to do what I do because it works for me.
Karen
www.transformationsnow.org
mema2007
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2008 at 5:06 PM
This video has been extremely effective in doing exactly what it was designed to do -- divide and conquer -- such an old ploy.  It saddens me to hear once again of the pain-bodies it has brought up in people's lives.  My husband and I do not agree on this subject either, but we do agree that we love and respect each other.  We also agree that there is a lot of space in this universe for different beliefs and ideas and we are each entitled to have whatever ones make us feel whole and right with the universe and ourselves.  I'm happy and he's happy and when we're not we have the other one to turn to.  No right -- no wrong.  Hopefully when your husband sees you becoming a happier person he will love you enough to allow you your space to be happy in, as I know you will him.  Be at peace with yourself and others will follow.  By the way, I've been married 26 years and only the last 5 have been happy so I don't mean to sound condensing.  I came from a very heavy pain-body background and it took a long time and many failures before I found grace. 

Be Blessed,  Kathleen

Mema R.N.

NikiLukaMom
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Alex hasn't read the book nor he's willing to. But, it seems that he knows it naturally. He's been living it.
When we talk about what I read, he listens. And, it's really touching when he says, " as long as it makes you happy, keep doing it"
Angel925
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 3:01 AM
My husband is totally supportive of me reading this book & doing the online class. (Which might I add I am behind in. I have an 11 mo old daughter & we've all been really sick this past month.) Although he is supportive he doesn't seem to agree with much that I've read to him or told him about the book. So I just tell him half jokingly "that's ok, you're just not ready for an awakening yet babe!"

However I have had other family members that have had strong reactions to that video want to discuss it with me.

Be Blessed!

Koryn }ii{

profoundlove
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 3:12 AM
I've read the book, my husband is reading it now, neither of us subscribe to a religious label, so we're basically on the same page, which feels good...
I'm not surprised the video is out there..this is life.
It aids an individual on their own path, whether they agree or disagree with it.
There is no wrong path or right path..
All paths lead their followers to one place anyway..
source.
There is no problem with the video.
It is only mind that can call it a problem.
It actually doesn't even exist.

Bells1158
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM
I was told, that this was the cult of Oprah and it is satanic and leave it alone.  I can't believe that people would even go here.  I don't see anything wrong with reading the book and in fact will continue to invite people to read it.  I believe that you must know yourself. Read, get understanding (yours) and apply the parts that you feel you can belefit from to your life.
conjuredUp
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 1:04 AM
My hubby is re-reading it right now.
I am BLESSED beyond belief. 

We both know WHO we are, so we don't let others opinions make us feel less than.

Tis a GREAT feeling, that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN