Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christians?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 402 Total Views
Just wondering how many others are using this to enhance (not destroy) your christian life and beliefs??
Nicki - :o )
Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mom, Friend - One person, many services...
Remember that God walks with all of us!!
Once Upon A Family, preserve the moments as memories - ask me how...
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bianchi01
by Member on Apr. 24, 2008 at 10:44 AM
mememememe....and it's better than ever. I'm truly enjoying every moment I have on Earth here now. I'm grateful for life. I've found myself thumbing through the bible more now as well.
BSanchez45
by on Apr. 24, 2008 at 3:29 PM
I am.  It's definitely making me want to go to church.  I stopped going for a long time but now I am actively seeking a church to join.
Bells1158
by Group Owner on Apr. 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I am.  I have had people tell me not to read this book but I still can't imagine why?  I think it does open your eyes and can help you to further increase your faith if you are Christian.
willsmomma4ever
by on May. 3, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Hello ladies! I am not reading her book but I have heard "scary stuff" that these teachings go against Jesus....that they say Jesus is not the only way to heaven and that there is no such thing as sin. Are you getting this vibe from the book study, so far???
I hope I am being misinformed about the study......I'd like to think that Oprah's teachings are not misleading so many (people that do not already have a religion/relationship, as Christians do.)
bianchi01
by Member on May. 5, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Quoting willsmomma4ever:

Hello ladies! I am not reading her book but I have heard "scary stuff" that these teachings go against Jesus....that they say Jesus is not the only way to heaven and that there is no such thing as sin. Are you getting this vibe from the book study, so far???
I hope I am being misinformed about the study......I'd like to think that Oprah's teachings are not misleading so many (people that do not already have a religion/relationship, as Christians do.)
definitely being misinformed. These teachings do not go against Jesus at all, if anything it's completely opposite. There are so many references to scripture in the book, and there are many times that Eckhart will point out things that Jesus said, and how to really think about what He meant by His word. The book could do alot of good for alot of people. I've never heard the "no such thing as sin" anywhere and I've read the whole book twice and watched 7 out of 10 online classes. I think that many of us pick and choose things from the book to disregard, especially if you've grown up believing completely different, and I see nothing wrong with that. But it is definitely worth reading...(and it's not Oprah's teachings...everything comes right from the book, she just feels the need to share it with other people.)
lisad200
by on May. 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM
me too!! I think the whole idea is to intensify our spirituality.. I feel it. I see now what the bible has been telling me for years and I did not get it until now... I believed always, but did not understand completely until now!
Charlotte313
by on May. 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Me!

I've yet to find a more useful tool.  I don't understand why Christians find these ideas incompatible.  Basically, its just--be still and know.  My walk with God is transforming before my very eyes.
DevaGemMom
by New Member on May. 13, 2008 at 11:24 PM
I have been downloading the transcripts of each of the classes. I feel it has been exactly what my soul was needing to process at this time. It isn't for everybody. Not everybody is ready to understand it. That is still okay. I had someone direct a comment toward me that they didn't like what Oprah said about there being many paths to God. Like this person believed thier way was the only way. Sad, but that is thier truth to them. I live in rural south Alabama and boy, this is a touchy subject with people around here. I kinda feel like a loner out here. :) I just go with what works for me in my life NOW and am learning not to sweat the small stuff because "This To Shall Pass" :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)