Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 589 Total Views

Poll

Question: Where are you on your journey?

Options:

Read the book but it didn't change me at all.

Read the book, I want to change and don't know how.

Read the book, I have changed but not as much as I would like.

This book has totally changed my life.

I have not read the book.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I have not seen much activity here. I wanted to know how this book effected other Moms.
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatR
by Member on Jun. 25, 2008 at 4:59 PM
It has totally changed my life.  I have a lot further to go though.  I really miss the Monday evening classes. 

It's funny when I find myself talking with friends about difficult situations and I use terminology that doesn't make much sense to someone who hasn't read the book. 

I said, "Well, that's just his ego" the other day.  It really didn't come across how I meant it to because my friend hadn't read the book. 

ekv25
by Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM
I know what you mean!!! 
KatR
by Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Hee hee.  Anyone else want to "weigh-in" on this?  How did you vote? 
bianchi01
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 5:27 PM
It has totally changed my life. For the first timesince I've read the book, my pain body came back for about a week this past week and all of this crazy stuff kept happening as a sort of "WAKE UP SARAH". So I picked the book up again and am now finding more and more that I didn't see before because it didn't apply to me. My post it flag highlighter is on the fritz again. lol
KatR
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 8:58 PM
I am reading The Power of Now.  When I am done with it, I am going to read A New Earth again. 

I REEEEEALLY miss the connection with others who have read the book. 

KatR
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 1:17 PM
*sigh*

BUMP
NickiV
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Hey, now...  I started reading it but then had twins and things got a bit crazy.  Anyway, we took a road trip a couple of weeks ago and I finally finished it and have now also started 'The Power of Now'.  I've always been a kind of when it happens, it happens kind of person.  Attempting to enjoy each moment for what it's worth and this is soooooo helping me accomplish this in a much better way.  I want to share this with so many people though so many's egos are totally getting in the way and it's frustrating.  I'll try to be back more often, being surrounded by like minds will help me function so much better!!!
Nicki - :o )
Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mom, Friend - One person, many services...
Remember that God walks with all of us!!
Once Upon A Family, preserve the moments as memories - ask me how...
KatR
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Quoting NickiV:

I've always been a kind of when it happens, it happens kind of person. Attempting to enjoy each moment for what it's worth and this is soooooo helping me accomplish this in a much better way.

I have been the same way as far as "when it happens, it happens."  The typical American culture teaches us that is wrong.  I was constantly battling myself.  I still do.  It's getting better though.  It seems that I just needed a little validation that the way I am, is ok. 

My least favorite question is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"  WOW...that strikes fear in me.  Is there a right answer?  A wrong answer?  My honest feeling is that I hope I am happy in 5 years.  A lot of people think that's just a way of avoiding the question.  That's REALLY how I feel though.  I don't know where I will be.  Maybe I will still be at my current job.  Maybe I will be lounging on a tropical beach.  Maybe I will be disabled...heartbroken...enlightened...broke...wealthy.  I hope that I will be happy.  If I am not happy, then I hope that I will be content and at peace with whatever my situation is. 

I think that part of the enjoyment of life is not knowing what lies around the corner.  I will try to prepare...but if something completely unexpected occurs...I'll do my best to appreciate it for what it is. 
bianchi01
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Quoting KatR:

I am reading The Power of Now.  When I am done with it, I am going to read A New Earth again. 

I REEEEEALLY miss the connection with others who have read the book. 
there's power of now inspiration cards, you should check them out. I've never read power of now, but I bought the cards as little reminders. Every week or so, I'll change the display card to something more fitting for my situation. They're great.
ekv25
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I just started to read The Power of Now too. It is really having an effect on me too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN