Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

June 25th, 2008

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2008 at 4:37 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 320 Total Views
Name one way that your ego or pain body interfered with you today. What happened ?

Right now my parents need a lot of help because they are both having medical problems. My husband has been away for a few weeks with the national guard. My brother who normally helps me with our parents went to Florida because he couldn't deal. I work full time and I have a 4 year old daughter.

I was driving to work and out of nowhere this thought pops up in my head: Mom and Dad didn't have to deal with sick parents and raising a child at the same time.  I started to get really angry at them for needing me. From there I got angry at my brother for leaving and my husband for not being here when I need him. My pain body started to pump my thoughts for all it could get. It took me a good hour to let it go. I'm not angry at them. It was my ego/pain body stirring up conflict. Normally I would have stayed angry all day.

This afternoon I started to wonder how others who have read A new earth are dealing with life's frustrations. Shining a light on what my Ego was trying to do makes those thoughts evaporate. I have a great compassion for what is happening with my parents. My brother was overwhelmed and he will be back, and so will my husband. Right now I am doing the best that I can and it is enough. My daughter is loved and cared for. She is a wonderful compassionate child.

I'd really like to hear your stories too. Shine a light on what your ego is doing. We need to support each other.
by on Jun. 25, 2008 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bianchi01
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM
Thanks for posting this,

I don't know if it was PMS that triggered it but all of the old stuff that used to feed my pain body (before I read the book) came back with a vengeance, and shockingly enough it was the same time my mom was in town.

She feeds these ideas to me that I know are not her speaking, just her pain body needing a fix...I have to quickly dismiss her outlandish thoughts and ideas so she (and I) doesn't get carried away with it.  Then I found myself in my head again, letting my thoughts control me, identifying with them, the works. I kept thinking "Be present" but it wasn't happening...I just couldn't do it. I felt so "off"...it was terrible. Like I just wanted to crawl into a corner. I went to pull into the driveway of school thinking there would be a way I could get in, despite the monster ground digging construction truck right in the way. I pulled in BEHIND IT. It was like 10 times the size of my car. I was stuck, I tried quickly backing out, while construction guys are yelling me to get out of there, and me terrified thinking if this thing backs up, I'm toast. that's it. I got out, I was fine, but really shaken up. That same night still in my "funk" I was in class, (I'm the only student in my part time class, I have 2 instructors) and was having terrible chest pain, I thought I was having a heart attack, voices were going in and out, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and I felt really funny. I stopped my instructors while they were talking and told them what was going on. They were trying to calm me down, and just talk to me. It worked, I felt better, they told me I should probably go see a doc to get checked out. (I have yet to do that) I was on my way home and I was in an outer turn lane, waiting to get on the freeway. the car in front of me decided to get out of the turn lane and I tried to inch up to fill the gap. All the while thinking of what I would say to my fiance when I got home. All of a sudden I hear this loud HONK and there was a SUV next to me that thought I was going to pull in her lane or something, I wasn't, but it probably looked like it, I was just going like 6 inches around the car that moved lanes. Not in her lane. I was all shaken up about the whole day, the whole way home I was thinking about that situation, when I remembered the duck story....ahhh...

That was when I decided that when I got home, I'm picking up the book and reading. No matter what. Here I am, refreshed, ready to get back to my happy, present, pain-body less self.  Flap your wings ladies... 
:)
ekv25
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM
It took me a moment to remember the duck story. That is so great that you were able to connect with that story! I need to learn how to just release the energy and move on after a conflict. I tend to continue the fight long after the other duck has flown away. LOL. It takes practice. Keep it up!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)