Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Play group or Play dates?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 511 Total Views

I'm going to be a SAHM in a week and I want to get involved in a play group so I can meet other moms. I've lived in Muncie for 4 years and I don't really know anyone. My son is 9 months old and he is a happy little guy.  We would love to get out and play with some other kids! 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sweetpea201289
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there,

I just moved to Muncie and would love to meet other moms and babies.

I have a 11 month old daugter and would love to meet up as well....a good suggestion for you to start off with, story time at the Kennedy Library on Mondays!  I took my daughter there and she loved it!  We went to the 1:00 time slot...she was napping during the morning story time.  Hopefully we will see you there....or we could arrange some other meet up.

Take care!

MellyButtons
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting Sweetpea201289:

Hi there,

I just moved to Muncie and would love to meet other moms and babies.

I have a 11 month old daugter and would love to meet up as well....a good suggestion for you to start off with, story time at the Kennedy Library on Mondays!  I took my daughter there and she loved it!  We went to the 1:00 time slot...she was napping during the morning story time.  Hopefully we will see you there....or we could arrange some other meet up.

Take care!

I was wondering if anyone would reply- LOL~!  That is a great suggestion- I didn't know the library had story time so I will check it out soon. I will message you when we plan on going and perhaps you will be visiting the library on the same date.

Thanks again for the info. :-)

Sweetpea201289
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Hi,  We plan on going to story time on Monday (the 15th) at the 1:00 story time.  My daughter has an am nap and a late pm nap, so that time works out best for us.  

I'm not sure if you saw my message on the message boards, but I have decided to start a meetup group on meetup.com called "Muncie Moms".  You can check out events (and suggest some too) and rsvp for them.  I was part of a group in St. Louis, but really didn't have the chance to take advantage of it much.  I think it will be a great way for moms to meet and get our babies out of the house (especially during the summer and fall).

Take care!!

MellyButtons
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Nice meeting you! Sebastian loved story time. So glad you told me about it. :-D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)