Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption separation: A tragic end for one natural family

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 486 Total Views

Adoption separation: A tragic end for one natural family

http://cedartrees.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/adoption-separation-tragedy

My friend Rowena just lost her son. He died a couple of weeks ago from a heart infection.  She had been separated from him for 42 years, we found him for her in March, they only had had 3 phonecalls and he was planning to come out and visit her (he lived 1300 KM away), but he died before they had the chance to ever lay eyes on each other again.

And you know what the scary thing is?  Any one of us mothers who are separated from our children by adoption could find ourselves forbidden to see our children if they ended up in hospital, barred from attending their funerals. That's what the adoptive father did to Rowena. She never even got to say goodbye. :(

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
marah66
by Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 10:15 AM

This is so so desperately sad,Dear Rowena, and Cedar, I can't  stop weeping at this news.

As a mother of loss to this evil exchange adoption,surely till our dying breath we must work to rid the world of this cruel act.

Rowena I can only say, you will get the best care , real care and support from Cedar, and us FORGOTTEN MOTHERS, we will be there for you through this tragic time.

Nothing can console you, truly we weep with you,and all mums that weep.

As for this ADOPTER,  his day is coming,  ,it were better a MILLSTONE was round his neck and he was sunk to the depth of the ocean for the cruel way he has treated your son Rowena.

Rowena, I trust the times you heard your lovely sons voice, will be an indelible sound to your soul, and the wonderful word MOM you heard him say, be a priceless jewel to comfort you as you try to pick up the broken pieces. Assured of my love and prayers Rowena and Cedar, and all mothers of such profound loss.

Marah66.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)