Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I learned today.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

1.  I learned that I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on here and I need to avoid the general question area.

2.  That I no longer feel everyone should have the right to homeschool.  I used to believe the opposite. 

Here was my lesson, this is an actual question that was posted in the 5-8 yo questions area,  I really hope this women was kidding but I fear she wasn't:

Link to Q

Is anyone else disturbed by this?   

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kiter
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:36 PM

I guess everyone has the 'right' to homeschool, but there are just a lot of people that really shouldn't exercise that right......

I'm not sure whish is worse- asking if it's miles, gallons, centimeters-- or the lady who said the answer is inches.... I thought was was funny.

I would have told her gallons- because a vase holds liquids and gallon is a measurement of the volume of liquids. But I am a snot.

mississippimelo
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Quoting Kiter:

I would have told her gallons- because a vase holds liquids and gallon is a measurement of the volume of liquids. But I am a snot.

LOL you always crack me up.  Actually your answer is one of the reasons I homeschool.  Because my son and daughter would answer that way and it is correct if you are measuring the vase as far as volume...the question does not specify...and in ps or private school this would be a multiple choice question and they would get it wrong, even if they explained their reason and were technically right.

Melodee

Owner of group Christians Encouraging Each Other to be Godly Helpmeets
www.cafemom.com/group/GodlyHelpmeets
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)