• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOME SCHOOL PICS

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

gavin took his Physics test at Panera today

**Kimberly**   unschooling our 3 boys (12,14,15)
Unschool Group

rock n roll

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mississippimelo
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM

love the pics!  These really are school pics for homeschoolars.  But this Tues.  I am going to one of the school picture ops that we have through one of our 4 groups we are part of.  Since the kids are 14 adn 1/2 and 17 and 1/2 and we havn't done this since they were about 6 and 9 we figured it was about time.  Don't know how well they will turn out, but they can't be as cool as these are ;-)

In His Love and Through His Strength,
Melodee:-)
Owner of group Christians Encouraging Each Other to be Godly Helpmeets
www.cafemom.com/group/GodlyHelpmeets
mellowmommy64
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:44 AM

TY 4 posting the pics.   Love 2 get a look inside ur world.  See all the cool things the kids are working on and learning.  Ur post keep me motivated and inspired.      big smile mini

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?  ~Milton Berle    busy mom

LEK19
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Great pics!

That is cool - taking a test at Panera! Wish we had one of those around here! How does that work out for your kids? Is it a reward-type thing to take it there? or do you let them choose the testing place?

Homeschooling at that age seems so far away for Anna (5 yrs in May 09)!!! I am getting a lot of good references, sources and ideas from you and others here! Thanks!

Lenore

Kiter
by Group Owner on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Quoting LEK19:

That is cool - taking a test at Panera! Wish we had one of those around here! How does that work out for your kids? Is it a reward-type thing to take it there? or do you let them choose the testing place?

no it is not a reward- just what we do. I ask if he wants to go out  somewhere and take his test. a quiet place where he can sit, eat a snack and do his work.  He likes Panera or the cafe with the warn gooey cinnamon rolls and Mexican Hot Cocoa (but they are closed for some renovations right now)

Unschool Group

rock n roll

mitty18
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Your boys are very handsome and look like they are very happy. In the first pic is your son actually cooking?
 IF so did he ask to learn about cooking himself?
He seems to be enjoying regardless. Again very handsome boys

Im a non-vaccinating, non CIO, non spanking, baby wearing, extended rear facing for as long as possible, pro-life, God believing mother to one speical needs son and loving wife to John Theodore 11 and loving every second of it

Kiter
by Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Thanks!

Yes, Ki asked to cook on his own. (but I had them all bake with me from early on- so they wrere all exposed. but I never made them cook or anything. But kids rarely turn down "Let's bake cookies!)

Ki has always liked booking and baking and often asked to make things. Banana bread and corn bread are ihs favorites anf firsts.

Ki likes to cook cultural dishes. He has a South American meal planned for sometime this month. too bad he won;t eat much of what he cooks (only the yummy breads and cookies usually)

Gavin is the one doing Physics at Panera.  He goot his dad's genes of liking math. He started learning the basics of Phyics in 5thh grade, much to my apprehensiveness (I was worried about wwhat I'd have to help him with in 10th grade if I taught him too much advanced stuff in 5th grade, LOL). He loves Physics and asked to do a full physics course this year. Infact he spent 2.5 hours a day on Physics in January

Unschool Group

rock n roll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)