Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Nights

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

Family Fun Nights seems to be a thing of the past now a days. It seems so sad that families seem to be able to find anything and everything to do besides spending time together. Like us for example... my family is parked infront of the tv while I'm on the computer typing this. I'm not much for tv anymore but like everyone I do enjoy watching it once in a while.  When dh goes back to work I'm thinking about have Fridays as Tv/movie night.  but I would like to do other things as well. But having to really little kids it's hard to think of a family activity that we all can do. So I'm reaching out to all you other mother's What is your ideas to do on a family night? how often do you have family night, or do you have family hour? I like the idea of family hour. where you spend a hour together everynight doing something together. be it some kind of craft or whatever.

What do you do as a family? how over do you spend time together having fun?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
munchkinaplenty
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM

We are big time into board and card games.. Uno is a good one..even little kids can play it with out too much help. Payday and dominos are good ones for all ages too.every Christmas we buy a few new boards games We  also get them as gifts, plus every time we go to good will or  to yard sales we are on the look for games to we have built up a large collection of them over the years.

BonnieboBonnie2
by on May. 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM

We go to Drive ins! They are so much fun. Get the kids in their jammies, and go see a movie. Its also ok to bring the baby too, I stayed in the van with younger ones, they usually fall asleep, while hubby got chairs and sat out with the older ones. They had a blast. Plus its cheaper then paying for all of the kids to see a movie. It cost 16 dollars for a car load, no matter how many, for 2 movies. We pack our own food. I not sure if you have one around you, or what there rules are, but I love taking my kids.

oldfashionSAHM
by Group Owner on May. 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM

we had one back home and i loved it. but here there's not one and the kids tend to go wild when we go to the movies so we just don't go. we will get stuff netflix or something else before we go to the movies.

Quoting BonnieboBonnie2:

We go to Drive ins! They are so much fun. Get the kids in their jammies, and go see a movie. Its also ok to bring the baby too, I stayed in the van with younger ones, they usually fall asleep, while hubby got chairs and sat out with the older ones. They had a blast. Plus its cheaper then paying for all of the kids to see a movie. It cost 16 dollars for a car load, no matter how many, for 2 movies. We pack our own food. I not sure if you have one around you, or what there rules are, but I love taking my kids.

oldfashionSAHM
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN