Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone =)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

I just joined a couple of days ago(this group) . I started WW 2 weeks ago, and I know it is healthy, and that it does work, but this feels like it is taking forever..I actually gained a couple of lbs the first week, but my metabolism is so screwed up that my body has no idea what to do with long term food.... anyway, .....my starting weight was 167.4 now I am down to 162.3...and no puking!!! I was tempted to last night, but that is what got me in this to begin with.I went on meds and also stopped throwing up and have gained 35 lbs in a little over a year,That is detremental to my cranium.....I found my Mil stuff so I just started and I have to say, for some reason, I am starving all the time..I can remember the days not so many years ago that I would go days without eating, and I never weighed over 125...even after my kids the most was 130, so I was diagnosed with an illness that requires me to take steroids at times....yeah huh?  so I started paking it on of course my first instinct is to stick my hand down my throat..which I did for a couple of weeks, and I know what a deep dark hole that is, and I also know that when I get into THAT mode, nothing will take precident over it. Meaning I become a different person altoghther...not one that my hubby or kids have ever met. It would not be fair to them. So here I am starving for some reason and esting more in one day that I am used to eating in 3.PLUS we quit smoking 3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! (YEah I know, but I prefere to blame the gain on my meds) AND we are living with my In-Laws right now, b/c my hubbys company shut down and we had to sell everything we had..our house..(which was owner financed so we did,nt lose a lot, but didn't get anything  either) our new car(car max..fourtunatly we weren't upside down on it) so that left us with a house full of stuff, 2 kids , 2 cats, a bassett hound, and packed it all up and moved 9 hours to live here.Luckily I have WONDERFUL In-laws, plus we are closer to my step kids, and all of our family....

Well that turned into a ramble..but anyway ladies that is where I am.....I promise I am almost always good for a laugh if nothing else....I will cry with you!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Esther1102
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I did find with my first round with ww that it does start out slowly! We are the same weight both starting and right now. It sounds like you are struggling with the bulimia but as you already know this is a much healthier way to loose your weight. I am sure that your wonderful family are a great motivation to keep going and I am here if you ever need to chat. One of the things that I have found this time around is that if I am feeling hungry I will sit down and drink a glass or 2 of water and then try to go get some exercise of some kind, some of my favorites are pushing the kids on the swing going for a short walk or pulling some of the never ending weeds that are in the garden. It helps me, and maybe it could help you. I think that sometimes its my brain telling me that I am hungry not necessarily my body being hungry...if that makes any sense at all....i'm bored so lets eat or i'm emotional so lets eat. I have been trying to change the way that i deal with stress...  If it makes you feel any better I have lost 5 lbs in 5 weeks. That is that i gained 2.5 last week and lost it back this week! At least its 5 lbs less that we have to deal with next month!!! Hope that you feel a little bit better! WE CAN DO THIS WITH SOME DETERMINATION AND HELP!!! Best wishes, Esther

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)