Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pre-teething???

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 11:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

So Ava hasn't been eating very well the last couple of weeks. She has been eating 2 to 3 ounces at a time but only wanting to eat every 4 to 5 hours. I don't think this is enough for a 12 week old. She has been kind of fussy but more or less in a really good mood. She hasn't been sleeping any more or less during the night but a little more during the day than she used to (although she never even used to sleep at all during the day so it's a good improvement). She hasn't been running a fever. She has been really slobbery and has been putting her hands and toys ANYTHING in her mouth. My mom was in town this weekend and she said that she was a little worried about Ava's eating habits so I decided to call and ask the doctor what he thought..

After waiting today for FIVE HOURS!! the doctor finally called me back and said that he believes it to be pre-teething...okay, what the heck is that??? So is she teething or not? She will be 3 months on Sunday, isn't she a little young to be teething? He said that eating might be irritating her. He told me to keep an eye on her and call with an update on Thursday or Friday.

Am I just nuts or does this pre-teething thing seem weird to any of you? Has anyone ever been through this before? If so any advice of how to soothe my baby?

by on May. 7, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
elismom524
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 11:55 AM
I have an 11 month old, So I went through this not to long ago, I have heard of preteething, it is more or less the stage where the tooth buds start to push on the gums, it is probably her bottom gums that are hurting her in the very front, The only way I could soothe my son was to give him one of those teethers that go in the frige or the gel ones that go in the freezer the cold feeling will soothe the sore gums, and when her gums are not sore anymore she will start eating better. hope that helps
yezay
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 12:13 PM
My son just turned three months also and for the past couple of days he has been acting the same way.  He even bites down on his bottle sometimes.  He gets really fussy when he's tired and he sleeps alot longer during the day but still wakes up twice during the night.  I haven't called his doctor because he hasn't been acting sick and I assumed it was teething.  All babies are different with teething, I saw a baby the other day that was 1 with only 2 teeth and another baby that was 8 months with 6 teeth.  It sounds pretty normal to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)