Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking For A Good Book

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 6:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 221 Total Views
Hi, I'm new here! Any suggestions on a good scary read? I've read everything of Stephen Kings to date (my favorite author). Some of my other favorites are Brian Lumley, Michael Slade, F. Paul Wilson, and Dean Koontz. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions :)
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lissamae27
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:02 AM
I would recomend Jack Ketchum. Some of his stuff is based on real events, and they are really good reads. The first one I read was "The Girl Next Door".
Leahmaria7981
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:44 PM
If you are into short stories there are a couple books called Cemetery Dance (volume 1 and 2). They have some really great shorts and some by really great authors like King, Joe R. Lansdale, Graham Masterson, and I think Ketchum might have on in there too. I also really like John Saul books as well. And one book I reccommend to everyone is called I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. It's not horror related, but one of the best books I have ever read in my life.
2metalbabies
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:27 PM
i love bently little and ketchum is good too. myself i have been reading a lot of true crime
dreamfnder
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 11:04 PM
I recently finished Zombie Island by David Wellington, it was pretty good.  There are also a couple sequels.  I've also ready the Autumn series by David Moody.  They are zombie novels that deal with living in a world populated with zombies.

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

Leahmaria7981
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 1:37 AM
i'm a huge zombie movie fan and grew up watching all the George Romeo and Lucio Fulci movies, but have never read a zombie book. Are they really any good?
dreamfnder
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Leahmaria7981:

i'm a huge zombie movie fan and grew up watching all the George Romeo and Lucio Fulci movies, but have never read a zombie book. Are they really any good?
I think the books are really good.  There aren't a whole lot of zombies eating people, they are more about how normal people survive in a world filled with zombies.  I found that if I read too many in sequence that they got kind of depressing.  After all, it would really probably suck to live in a world where the zombies were everywhere.....

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)