Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a singing voice

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 80 Total Views

'General Hospital' Star Dead at 84Andy Williams, the effortlessly smooth crooner best known for his rendition of "Moon River," died on Tuesday night in his Branson, Mo. home after suffering from bladder cancer. He was 84.The Andy Williams Show," which lasted in various formats from 1962 until 1971, won three Emmys. It was on that show that Williams -- who launched his own career as part of an all-brother quartet -- introduced the world to another clean-cut act -- the original four singing Osmond Brothers of Utah. Their younger sibling Donny also made his debut on Williams' show, in 1963 when he was 6 years old.After leaving TV, Williams headed back on the road, where his many Christmas shows and albums made him a huge draw during the holidays. Eventually growing weary of touring, he decided to settle in Branson.

Did you remember these Christmas specails ?  I do , it was one of the highlights of Christmas season for many years.

Did you ever see his Branson  show ?  No we try to make plans one time for it only to found out he was not going to be at his theater in Branson.

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dingysfamily
by balloon on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I certainly do remember Andy's Christmas specials.  I grew up watching his tv show and remember the Osmonds getting their start on his show.  He had a beautiful voice.  I've never seen his Branson show; never been to Branson ... we've wanted to go there, but haven't made it there yet. 

LOVES67
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

No

No

Sorry don't know who he is..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN