See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3. 12 _ 21
No Matter where you are in your walk with Christ , it's never too late to begin pursuing a deeper relationship with him. Whether you're already passionate about Jesus or know him only on a surface level , everyone is welcome to join Paul and press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus ( Phil 3.14) To get started , follow these six steps.
(1) Study the Word No one can know God apart from his word since he speaks to us through it, revealing who he is and what he does.
(2) Be willing to spend time alone with the Lord in prayer, meditation and worship. One of the biggest reasons Christians do not have a close relationship with Jesus is that they've unwilling to invest the time needed to get to know him better.
(3) Trust The Lord The depth of any relationship depends on the level of trust.
(4) Obey him A we take step of obedience , God reveals more of himself.
(5) Observe hos Christ works in your life By paying attention to how the Lord operates you'll become familiar with his ways and goals.
(6) Make Jesus your top priority Be willing to lay aside anything that competes with your loyalty and devotion to him.
Knowing Christ intimately is an attainable goal . The key is persistence , so forget past failures and press on. Find an example to follow. Charles Stanley says My grandfather 's relationship with Jesus was inspiration for my journey of intimacy with Christ . I knew if he had that kind of relationship with Jesus so could I .
And my friends so can you and I