Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi and a question about cell service

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 428 Total Views

Hi everybody...my names Anna...my family and I will be moving to Anchorage in June :). I was wondering if any one has Sprint? From what im hearing from people who have been there say there is no service or there roaming. But of course when I call sprint and ask they say sure theres full bars. Is it true only AT&T works out there?

by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EHolman
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Lots work besides  AT&T but sprint does NOT. i had NO bars when i moved here and it was a pain in the butt to get them to cancle it without the fee because they kept telling me that i had service finally i got someone to listen to me power the phone up and then try to call it and see that it didn't work but i had to deal with them for about 3 months first  and pay for service i wasn't getting . i was not happy with them at all.

mamabear2619
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Yeah I as the rep on the phone if I would be able to go into a sprint store while in Anchorge and there isnt even an store threre. What if wanted to buy another phone or somthing. Or change my plan , Id rather go into a store.

kissesxoxo8882
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM

when i came up here i had t moble and got service but there are not stores up here for sprint we have local gci acs and att

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM
At&t doesnt work that great either we have ACS and get more connection than any of our friends that have ata&t
rhwhitmore2001
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Hello,

Lie the Previous Posters said, there is no local Sprint service here, however, we are going to be getting Verizon service up here soon, just not sure exactly when. If you want the best deals on cell service check all the aforementioned companies and then choose the best one for you, but do it AFTER you get up here cause on the phone they may jive you and tell you something that's not exactly true. Go to the stores and inquire too before making a choice. I personally recommend GCI cell service, esp. if you pan on having local cable and internet service at the same time, you get a discount for all three and they also do home phone service packages too! Just giving you a heads up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)